Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA Grants Tesla $10M to Build Model X

Blog Entries

CA Grants Tesla $10M to Build Model X

California regulators on Wednesday approved a $10 million grant to Tesla Motors to help manufacture its next electric car, the Model X sport utility vehicle.
    Tesla will pony up $50 million to match the California Energy Commission grant, which will be used to expand manufacturing capacity at its factory in Fremont, Calif., and to purchase equipment to make components for the Model X.
    California Grants Tesla $10 Million To Build The Model X Electric SUV - Forbes

(Way to go, Mike Taylor and Tesla!)
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

So maybe this will help accelerate a bit

Blog Entries
    Hope so! I would like to get by end of 2013 (like, say, on my birthday), but more likely it will be mid-2014 when I see my vehicle.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Saving up for a Model S
    That would be great if this speeds up Model X development, even if it doesn't it's nice to see Tesla getting grants for their work.
    CJ Barlow

"Until we see every car on the road being electric, we will not stop." - Elon Musk

Blog Entries
    $10 million is nice and all, but it's really pocket change in this context. This is more for PR than anything.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Hope so! I would like to get by end of 2013 (like, say, on my birthday), but more likely it will be mid-2014 when I see my vehicle.
    The "Deliveries Begin in 2014" at the top of the Model X section of TM's site supports what you suspect.

Others too.

Tesla Motors getting $10M from California Energy Commission | Sustainable Business Oregon

Besides Tesla, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District will get $3 million for an electric taxi project along with Better Place Mobility Services Inc. Six taxis will use two charging stations, one at San Francisco International Airport and the other at San Jose's airport.
    Scotts Valley-based Zero Motorcycles will get $1.8 million to expand its production of electric motorcycles. Zero competes with two Oregon electric motorcycle companies — Brammo Inc. of ashland and MotoCzysz of Portland.
    Last edited by doug; 2012-10-10 at 07:53 PM. Reason: fixed formatting

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Better Place stuff when here: Project Better Place

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Sig 1 will probably be in 2013. All the rest will be in 2014 is my guess Hope you get your car at the end of next year. That would be great considering the wait.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Sig 1 will probably be in 2013. All the rest will be in 2014 is my guess Hope you get your car at the end of next year. That would be great considering the wait.
    Nah, they won't just do Sig 1 and not Sig 2!

Thread Information