Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S With 22" Wheels & Tires * World's First*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone... I wanted to share with you one of our customers Tesla Model S that we fitted with 22" wheels & tires. These wheels are available in matte black with silver trim or all silver. They are also available in 20" as well. I am offering "special" pricing if you are interested. Thank you for looking.

Elie
Al & Ed's Autosound in West Hollywood,CA
"Specializing In Tesla Customizations"

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

SilverWheel.jpg

I'm obviously a BIG fan of how West Hollywood Al & Ed's customizes & individualizes cars. I also know that there are 31 different flavors of ice cream and Elie does not impose his will on the owner, but tries to learn what it is the customer is looking for and then share what is possible and then push the envelope that much further out from what the owner perceived was possible. A testament is that he's probably done extreme makeovers on more Teslas than all other after marketers combined! Here's the Roadster's 2.5 interior before it was even thought possible by Tesla, as shown as the marquee show car at CES in Las Vegas, January, 2010!!!
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/2399-Customized-Roadsters/page4?p=40338&viewfull=1#post40338

Last edited by a moderator:
My Roaster makeover was certainly extreme, and because I demanded perfection, as did Elie, it took longer than originally expected. But the end product was everything I had hoped it would be.

As for the Model S and it's wheels, I have never really liked the stock 21" rims, so it is nice to see some alternative looks from ae54.com. I'm partial to the silver rims over the black ones. But again, it is just good to see these choices.

Bravo!

Hello everyone... I wanted to share with you one of our customers Tesla Model S that we fitted with 22" wheels & tires. These wheels are available in matte black with silver trim or all silver. They are also available in 20" as well. I am offering "special" pricing if you are interested. Thank you for looking.
I see that you've posted a video too:

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is considering it--these guys rock. They have been absolute pros with everything, and were great with working with the Tesla, including consulting Tesla as needed to make sure what they did was safe. I can tell you that the car drives great on the 22"ers. I drove it quite a bit with those wheels, including to the Supercharger event. It accelerates, corners and brakes just the same.

sweet wheels! if you don't mind sharing, what are the specs on your 22's? are those 255's with a 35 profile?

regarding the rims, i know the bolt pattern of the model s is 5x120. for your 22's, what offset did they use and was the center bore 66mm without a centering ring?

Last edited:
sweet wheels! if you don't mind sharing, what are the specs on your 22's? are those 255's with a 35 profile?

regarding the rims, i know the bolt pattern of the model s is 5x120. for your 22's, what offset did they use and was the center bore 66mm without a centering ring?

I would also like to know the spec on the rims/tires. Would you like to share it?
anyone considered the Vossen CV3 wheels?
Vossen Wheels - ALL / VVSCV3 photo gallery

I really want 22" on the S! Offset, Max with and bolt-pattern? Do you have other wheels? I do not like the black ones on a coloured car.

i also have a Roadster that need wheel-uprgrade. 19" back and 18 in front, but there will be an effort with the caliperclearance. Suggestions?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Think the offset is +40mm on the 21" stock wheels. (Had a photo I took of a wheel a month ago)

I really want 22" on the S! Offset, Max with and bolt-pattern? Do you have other wheels? I do not like the black ones on a coloured car.

i also have a Roadster that need wheel-uprgrade. 19" back and 18 in front, but there will be an effort with the caliperclearance. Suggestions?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Think the offset is +40mm on the 21" stock wheels. (Had a photo I took of a wheel a month ago)

Thank you for your inquiry. Please call me at 310.920.5454 to discuss. We have many other 1-piece or 3-piece Forged options as well.

Hi first time poster, long time lurker. About to pick up my Model S in a few weeks and am already starting to look at options. Like another forum member here had stated, I too wasn't really feeling the OEM 21" so I opted for the 19" thinking to change them out for something bigger, but hopefully keep the weight of the wheels in check. I know that I should use the search but I figured maybe someone knows off the top, how heavy are the OEM wheels 19" and 21"?

The level of the suspension on the pic's, is that only possible to have in slow-speed/parking, will it automatically adjust it self up?

Is it possible to re-program the standard level on the suspension to a lower level? ( on my earlier Audi's with air i could adjust it with VAG-com)

this car with 21-22" rims MUST be a lowrider:)

Last edited: