Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago area deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is everyone taking home deliveries or some other place? (I still feel odd about having it delivered to my door.)

Config:
85kWh
19 inch
blue with tan leather
piano black trim
body colored roof
tech package
air suspension
sound package
parcel shelf
single charger

Home for me. Sig, red, P85, 21" silver, black interior w/ CF accents, pano roof, kid seats, HPWC, parcel shelf.

Basically, everything but the paint armor for me.

Thanks, guys. I've some wife imposed doubts on the color, but every time my virtual car shows up on the screen I like it. Between she and I, we've had too many black and silver cars.

I don't think you could go wrong with the silver, though. The blue model S is a very different blue, however. It's almost black in some lights and a deep rich blue in others. I think that's why I'm going to get it.

Alas, it will be boring at the Chicago area Model S gathering to see nothing but blue cars. . ..

Add me to the list of Chicago-area blue Model S owners-to-be. I just Docusigned my MVPA. It shows a FEB-MAR 2013 delivery estimate. Mine is a Performance, blue, pano roof, 21" grey wheels (winter plan TBD), black performance interior, carbon fiber, tech, sound. Woo-hoo!

Last edited:
Add me to the list of Chicago-area blue Model S owners-to-be. I just Docusigned my MVPA. It shows a FEB-MAR 2013 delivery estimate. Mine is a Performance, blue, pano roof, 21" grey wheels (winter plan TBD), black performance interior, carbon fiber, tech, sound. Woo-hoo!

February or March???

I guess that's where the deliveries are then. Were you able to see your delivery estimate before you "finalized" your order or after you Docusigned your MVPA?

February or March???

I guess that's where the deliveries are then. Were you able to see your delivery estimate before you "finalized" your order or after you Docusigned your MVPA?

I was able to see the FEB-MAR estimate before the actual MVPA was generated. I believe it was available as part of the "confirm your configuration" step, so it's available any time after one gets the "It's time to configure" e-mail. During the finalization step, the FEB-MAR estimate was provided with the caveat, "If finalized by October 31".

Today I had my first sighting of a Model S "in the wild" in the Chicago area. I just about crashed when I saw a black Model S in my parking garage downtown. I got out and looked more closely -- it was a Founders car with VIN #12. So there's at least one Chicagoland Model S owner who has had his or her car for a couple of months already. As an aside, the mounted front license plate looked good enough that I think I'm going to comply with Illinois law in that regard.