Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago area deliveries?

Thanks, guys. I've some wife imposed doubts on the color, but every time my virtual car shows up on the screen I like it. Between she and I, we've had too many black and silver cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfafoxtrot1 View Post
    Thanks, guys. I've some wife imposed doubts on the color, but every time my virtual car shows up on the screen I like it. Between she and I, we've had too many black and silver cars.
    I don't think you could go wrong with the silver, though. The blue model S is a very different blue, however. It's almost black in some lights and a deep rich blue in others. I think that's why I'm going to get it.

Alas, it will be boring at the Chicago area Model S gathering to see nothing but blue cars. . ..
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Alas, it will be boring at the Chicago area Model S gathering to see nothing but blue cars. . ..
    I think you need to re-examine what you consider boring.

P85 / #3287
    Add me to the list of Chicago-area blue Model S owners-to-be. I just Docusigned my MVPA. It shows a FEB-MAR 2013 delivery estimate. Mine is a Performance, blue, pano roof, 21" grey wheels (winter plan TBD), black performance interior, carbon fiber, tech, sound. Woo-hoo!
    Last edited by Bucket22; 2012-10-09 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket22 View Post
    Add me to the list of Chicago-area blue Model S owners-to-be. I just Docusigned my MVPA. It shows a FEB-MAR 2013 delivery estimate. Mine is a Performance, blue, pano roof, 21" grey wheels (winter plan TBD), black performance interior, carbon fiber, tech, sound. Woo-hoo!
    February or March???

I guess that's where the deliveries are then. Were you able to see your delivery estimate before you "finalized" your order or after you Docusigned your MVPA?
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

P85 / #3287
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    February or March???

I guess that's where the deliveries are then. Were you able to see your delivery estimate before you "finalized" your order or after you Docusigned your MVPA?
    I was able to see the FEB-MAR estimate before the actual MVPA was generated. I believe it was available as part of the "confirm your configuration" step, so it's available any time after one gets the "It's time to configure" e-mail. During the finalization step, the FEB-MAR estimate was provided with the caveat, "If finalized by October 31".

Thanks. Good to know.
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

P85 / #3287
    Today I had my first sighting of a Model S "in the wild" in the Chicago area. I just about crashed when I saw a black Model S in my parking garage downtown. I got out and looked more closely -- it was a Founders car with VIN #12. So there's at least one Chicagoland Model S owner who has had his or her car for a couple of months already. As an aside, the mounted front license plate looked good enough that I think I'm going to comply with Illinois law in that regard.

I will be having delivery to my office. Sig234. Red. Perf. No word about delivery yet from Kelly. I check my email and missed calls at least twice a day. Mine should be here before Holloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket22 View Post
    As an aside, the mounted front license plate looked good enough that I think I'm going to comply with Illinois law in that regard.
    You're referring to the plate as mounted on the nose cone? That's a relief. I was stressing over how many tickets I could bear without having a front plate!
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Thread Information