Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear about the arrival in Concord. Very cool. I bike ride in Concord frequently on the week ends. Lets see..... my Cannondale bicycle against the Model S. I'm ahead for the first inch then see ya later:smile:

Cinergi - true, so sorry. But I won't even be first in a town of 17,000. Our colleague is not yet on the forum I believe but I'll try an enthuse him to get online and enthuse us. Robert I'll get pics ASAP. Cannondale may make more noise than a Model S, IMO.

Of equal interest perhaps is that I am having breakfast tomorrow at 8 am face to face with Henrik Fisker. If you post a (ok, sincere) question I'll be happy to bring it to the table. Should be a gas. (ha).

It's in addition to that ... :smile:

Okay. Intrigued. But none of us should hold back. Been a long wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks I am aware of a sig model s here in Ma having trouble with title and taxes and therefore not drivable. Has been forced to sit in a garage (imagine). Cinergi concerned for you. Please confirm they will be delivering title with car and that sales tax to Ma will be waived - think you will need more than bill of sale. Will share more info when I have it!
Perhaps I could put you in touch with our first MA sig owner who is now busy paving the way for you and me.

Good times. I don't know the details of my delivery yet. They're supposed to have everything all set *when the car arrives* including title, registration, etc.
What do you mean sales tax waived? Is there a program to waive sales tax for EVs in MA now or something?
I'm paying cash for the car so that might make it easier for me (if your friend is paying with a loan) ... As it is, I have the Roadster trade-in which is already complicating things.
I'd love to talk to this person and cross-share information!

Okay. Intrigued. But none of us should hold back. Been a long wait.

I'm waiting for a delivery date before I say anything ... *Theoretically* the car is on a truck and on its way, but I haven't had confirmation of that yet. It's *supposed* to be here at the end of next week. I'm not holding my breath (given everything else that's gone on thus far)

Hmm, hmm. That's hard to credit. The only blue Model Ss produced to date (that we know of) are marketing cars, but none have made it into New England. The only possibility I can think of is that we have one of the very earliest SSL Signatures that opted for a custom color (and chose blue). That's not unbelievable, as we've heard that there were ~6 custom-color cars but only two are accounted for (GGR's BGC and Roblab's Hershey bar).

Good times. I don't know the details of my delivery yet. They're supposed to have everything all set *when the car arrives* including title, registration, etc.
What do you mean sales tax waived? Is there a program to waive sales tax for EVs in MA now or something?
I'm paying cash for the car so that might make it easier for me (if your friend is paying with a loan) ... As it is, I have the Roadster trade-in which is already complicating things.
I'd love to talk to this person and cross-share information!

Forgive me if I have weak details, but my understanding is that Somehow the car was delivered to MA without the title. Further, none of us want to pay tax to both CA and MA, and the car is bought in CA so that is where the tax goes. But in order to bypass paying tax at the time of registration in MA ( as you would usually do), you need proof you paid tax to The Terminator (CA), and a bill of sale is apparently insufficient. Tesla is evidently providing some additional proof. Vagosites here not helpful but clearly sounds like a real hassle. Please PM me if you are expecting delivery within 2 weeks and I'll try and get more info. Meantime, please chime in about what you know about the challenges of delivery in MA.