Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New England Model S Deliveries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevbf View Post
    I am looking forward to your on going blog review of the model S cinergi. You certainly have a knack for being thorough to the level of excess which works for us obsessed types.
    Are you calling me excessive?

Wait until you see the excessive thing I have in store for delivery and post-delivery!
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    Are you calling me excessive?

Wait until you see the excessive thing I have in store for delivery and post-delivery!
    A "Model S" party? I'm in
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    A "Model S" party? I'm in
    It's in addition to that ...
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance

It's in addition to that ...
    Okay. Intrigued. But none of us should hold back. Been a long wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks I am aware of a sig model s here in Ma having trouble with title and taxes and therefore not drivable. Has been forced to sit in a garage (imagine). Cinergi concerned for you. Please confirm they will be delivering title with car and that sales tax to Ma will be waived - think you will need more than bill of sale. Will share more info when I have it!
    Perhaps I could put you in touch with our first MA sig owner who is now busy paving the way for you and me.

Blog Entries
    Good times. I don't know the details of my delivery yet. They're supposed to have everything all set *when the car arrives* including title, registration, etc.
    What do you mean sales tax waived? Is there a program to waive sales tax for EVs in MA now or something?
    I'm paying cash for the car so that might make it easier for me (if your friend is paying with a loan) ... As it is, I have the Roadster trade-in which is already complicating things.
    I'd love to talk to this person and cross-share information!

Model X #1417
    Why would MA sales tax be waived? There isn't any sales tax exception for EV's AFAIK.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    Okay. Intrigued. But none of us should hold back. Been a long wait.
    I'm waiting for a delivery date before I say anything ... *Theoretically* the car is on a truck and on its way, but I haven't had confirmation of that yet. It's *supposed* to be here at the end of next week. I'm not holding my breath (given everything else that's gone on thus far)

One of my co-workers said he saw a blue Model S with Mass plates driving on NH-101. I asked him if he was sure and he replied "it had the big T on the back." He is a gearhead so I trust his vehicle recognition skills.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Hmm, hmm. That's hard to credit. The only blue Model Ss produced to date (that we know of) are marketing cars, but none have made it into New England. The only possibility I can think of is that we have one of the very earliest SSL Signatures that opted for a custom color (and chose blue). That's not unbelievable, as we've heard that there were ~6 custom-color cars but only two are accounted for (GGR's BGC and Roblab's Hershey bar).

Good times. I don't know the details of my delivery yet. They're supposed to have everything all set *when the car arrives* including title, registration, etc.
    What do you mean sales tax waived? Is there a program to waive sales tax for EVs in MA now or something?
    I'm paying cash for the car so that might make it easier for me (if your friend is paying with a loan) ... As it is, I have the Roadster trade-in which is already complicating things.
    I'd love to talk to this person and cross-share information!
    Forgive me if I have weak details, but my understanding is that Somehow the car was delivered to MA without the title. Further, none of us want to pay tax to both CA and MA, and the car is bought in CA so that is where the tax goes. But in order to bypass paying tax at the time of registration in MA ( as you would usually do), you need proof you paid tax to The Terminator (CA), and a bill of sale is apparently insufficient. Tesla is evidently providing some additional proof. Vagosites here not helpful but clearly sounds like a real hassle. Please PM me if you are expecting delivery within 2 weeks and I'll try and get more info. Meantime, please chime in about what you know about the challenges of delivery in MA.

Thread Information