Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finalize with a Chance to See all 10 Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I know all of us who have or will finalize had/will have to do so without the chance to see all 10 colors together in person on a car not online or swatches (maybe the original Get Amped event had 9 of them -Sunset Red). Perhaps, such is life.

However...

It would be really cool for Tesla to create a 'Factory Showroom' with 10 cars covering all the colors. Within the 10, they'd also represent all the batteries, leathers, woods, rims, roof, etc. options (but not all possible permutations, that would be millions) so someone could come to the factory and see and try the real deals before finalizing. In the same way our European competitors have a 'European Delivery Experience', Tesla could have a 'California Configuration Experience'. Go to the factory, do a test drive, spend a couple hours configuring, do a factory tour, buy some Tesla gear, leave an EVangelist.

I'd do it.

I'd take my wife, cash in some air miles, get a cool hotel in SF, eat a great dinner in the city, love the experience, leave with a smile.

Come on Tesla (George), knock it out of the park.

Cattledog

I think I am going to fly to Fort Lauderdale (it seems to be the cheapest for me, and if they offer test drives, it is right next to the airport, doing all this instead of work this morning :redface:) next weekend and look and drive a Model S before I lock in. I ran some numbers and I think that a color may be worth it. I am leaning towards green, grey, and brown right now. I think I am set on Air suspension, Tech, and parcel shelf being my only options to my 40kWh pack.

I don't think I want to stretch for supercharging. I am asking a few questions about this today.

My spirits were dashed when I learned that the Nokia 920 will be ATT locked last week, and well I guess I have an extra ~$700 to spend since I'll be keeping my current phone for a while longer. Or at least until unlock codes become reasonably priced.

EDIT: Oh and the wife says only a body colored roof, I was heavily swayed to white with black roof. It is about the only thing she cares about, that and it can't cost $90k. :smile:

It would be really cool for Tesla to create a 'Factory Showroom' with 10 cars covering all the colors. Within the 10, they'd also represent all the batteries, leathers, woods, rims, roof, etc. options (but not all possible permutations, that would be millions) so someone could come to the factory and see and try the real deals before finalizing.
These cars wouldn't even need the powertrain components, so the cost per "static display vehicle" would be relatively low. Nice idea.

Great idea. I'd go. Color evaluation is tricky, even at the stores. Tesla did add color closeups to the 10-color gallery on their web site...

Event Gallery | Tesla Motors

The blue shown on the Design tool, however, is pretty far off. It's looks more purple than the real color used for the store sample. I'd love to see some additional colors added for 2013, such as a warm metallic gray. The current gray is too cold for my taste. I'd also love to see another leather color, such as the tobacco color offered by Ferrari. It's stunning when used with deep blue, green or black paint. And it doesn't get dirty as easily as tan does.

I had originally wanted the "green," but when I saw it at the "Get Amped Tour," it was a total turn-off. The Tesla "green" is more metallic olive drab. YIKES! Others have called it more brown than green. But it simply was NOT to my liking. I had hoped for a more "emerald green." Any chances for more options for later deliveries NEXT year?

I had originally wanted the "green," but when I saw it at the "Get Amped Tour," it was a total turn-off. The Tesla "green" is more metallic olive drab. YIKES! Others have called it more brown than green. But it simply was NOT to my liking. I had hoped for a more "emerald green." Any chances for more options for later deliveries NEXT year?

Welcome. The brighter red color will be a later addition next year but don't think there will be any new colors for awhile. People really seem to like the blue too. The Pearl White looks amazing as well, especially with the performance wheels.

Speaking of colors, I am wondering why Tesla would choose to stock Stores with Sig red vehicles. (There is one at the Skokie store.) This is an option that you can't get anymore. This must be due to the limited number of models that can be displayed, but I wish there were more color options out there to view in person as well.

Speaking of colors, I am wondering why Tesla would choose to stock Stores with Sig red vehicles. (There is one at the Skokie store.) This is an option that you can't get anymore. This must be due to the limited number of models that can be displayed, but I wish there were more color options out there to view in person as well.

The Bellevue, WA store replaced their Sig red with a black, and now a white display car. And in the garage they've had a gray and now a green car for test drives. I'm really happy they've cycled through so many colors here in the last 6 months. Hopefully they're able to do the same at other stores. Check back early and often. :)