Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oklahoma Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to reach out to others in the state that are or soon will be Tesla owners. I'm P #8888 for the Model S. PM me and maybe we could try to start a State or Regional Tesla Club? Hoping to get the car around April 2013, but that might be to optimistic.

Hi! I'm in Tulsa and plan on buying next year. I got to test drive a model S in Denver last month. Fabulous of course. Did you get yours yet? I'd love to be a part of your club.
MY son has seen a black one downtown & at Tulsa hills. Is that yours?
My husband is concerned with o "service" as in a local dealer. Thoughts? Let me know, Dana

Tesla owner her in Oklahoma

Any Tesla owners checking in? I am in Tulsa.

Model S 85kWh | Black | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss Decor | 19" Wheels Primacy Tires | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Ultra Sound | Air Suspension | Twin Chargers | Fog Lamps | Parking Sensors l Extended Leather Trim l Premium Interior Lighting l Subzero Weather Pkg l Ordered 10/29/13 l VIN 27125 l Scheduled Delivery Date 12/18/13

I heard there will be a Service Center coming soon to OKC.
Congrats.
Which will make deliveries and service much more accessible, and will remove that consideration of being too far from nearest Service location.

I hope the OKC service center opens soon. Some charging stations at the Chesapeake Arena when I go to see Thunder play would be nice too.

Trying to reach out to others in the state that are or soon will be Tesla owners. I'm P #8888 for the Model S. PM me and maybe we could try to start a State or Regional Tesla Club? Hoping to get the car around April 2013, but that might be to optimistic.

I am in Broken Arrow. Took delivery 11-21-2013. I was looking to connect with other Tesla owners in the area.

I am around 81st and 161st E. Ave. I read about your delivery and saw the pictures of the unloading. Mine was delivered at 6:00 AM so there was not any light to to take pictures. I had paint correction done then Opticoat Pro applied and it cleaned up great. I had Expel PPF on the front end and hood , then had the windows tinted.
Here in Broken Arrow too! 81st and 129th area. You? I took delivery 12/17/13. See you around.

Oklahoma Tesla Owners?

I know I have seen a few of you driving around OKC? I am on the edge of ordering my own P85. I would love to meet an owner around here who could give me some first hand feedback. Really wanna see if my bike will fit in the back with the front wheel on. I have already driven one so I dont need to do that. Just want one more look!

Anyone in the OKC or tulsa area want lunch on me??

Paul

OKC Service

Keep hoping that OKC opens that service center soon. Maybe we could invite all Oklahoma Tesla Owners to rally together for a drive when they have grand opening. I've done a few trips to OKC from Tulsa. I usually plug in at Whole Foods for free at Classen Curve (22miles/hr charge). Looks like the planned supercharges in Oklahoma are not close to OKC or Tulsa. Can't wait to drive to one. Might be another great chance to rally together when they open them.

Hey Paul, we've got another thread on here, there are several of us in the OKC and Tulsa area. I'm in the Stillwater area, and I'd be happy to let you take some measurements for your bike. Just PM me if you're still interested.

I know I have seen a few of you driving around OKC? I am on the edge of ordering my own P85. I would love to meet an owner around here who could give me some first hand feedback. Really wanna see if my bike will fit in the back with the front wheel on. I have already driven one so I dont need to do that. Just want one more look!

Anyone in the OKC or tulsa area want lunch on me??

Paul

I'm a new Tesla owner from Bartlesville. Very happy to be in this club! I took delivery of my Blue S85 in mid-Sept. I drove my Model S to Denver two weeks ago and just wanted to share a few observations/tips about the trip. I left B'ville with a full charge (271 mi of range), in the hopes of making it to the Salina supercharger without having to stop in an RV park north of Wichita to use their 50 amp outlet. I arrived in Wichita with 134 miles of range remaining and easily made it to Salina, with about 35 miles of range left. For this leg of the trip I was careful to keep my speed at or below 65. From Salina I stopped at all the superchargers along I-70: Hays and Goodland, KS, Limon (CO), and finally at the LoneTree charger in Denver. I was the only Tesla driver at all the SC stops, except for Denver. I had only one regretful decision: to give myself only 50 miles of range buffer between Hays and Goodland, KS. The day was hot, I had the AC on, the cruise control set to 75, running lights on and media playing. Before I knew it the 50-mi buffer was disappearing fast. I had not taken into consideration the slow relentless climb to higher altitude all the way across Kansas. I dropped my speed to 65, shut off the AC, then eventually dropped to 55 mph. When I pulled into the Goodland SC I had 20 miles of range left. Lesson learned.

On the return trip I always charged to 100 miles more than I needed so I was able to travel at a reasonably fast pace. On my last leg from Salina to B'ville, I was about one minute away from finishing charging when an employee of the Holiday Inn Express, where the chargers are located, came out and told me if I'd pulled up to charger #1 or 2 I could have had a full charge in 20 minutes. I was parked at charger #3 and it took a full hour to charge to 271 miles. I don't know if this is true but I'll try it out next time I make the trip.

Hope this helps anyone considering a trip in that direction. It might be a little tight getting from Tulsa to Salina at this time without having to stop at an RV park or other slower charging option. A supercharger between Salina and OKC would make the trip easily doable.

Cheers