Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was mentioned comparing the Oil Industry $2.8 billion is subsidies, and Romney said "you just gave $90 billion" to these "Green Energy" companies, and they are all losers"

Well Mr Romney, what should we do STFU and continue paying our enemies for oil, or try to become more energy independent? I say if we don't try, we are doomed.
and not every green technology is a boondoggle, he really should have done his research on Tesla, as it is not in the same league as Solyndra.

Anyone who was considering voting for Romney on this forum, probably won't now. not that any of us where anyway :)
He was an a-hole when he was Governor of MA, and he still is.

Never had mine. And I am American. And I vote.

Too bad you're in California, where I don't think there's much question who is going to win the Presidential vote. Be grateful you're not in a swing state where every ad these days is for one side or the other!

And I told my wife that Romney lumping Tesla with Solyndra is the last straw for us (not that there was much question anyway) for this election. And we're in a swing state. And we both vote!

Yeah. Just getting ready to post that as well. Lumped in with Solyndra, Fisker and Ener1 as well. Tesla, really? Not cool. Guess their 3,000 jobs don't mean much.
Romney did lump them all together, but I heard him say, "You gotta take your losers with your winners" or something to that effect.

So maybe he's neutral to positive on Tesla. But he definitely seems to think that renewables (wind and solar) don't help with energy independence.

Edit to add: I misheard him. Romney derided the entire bunch saying the President only picks losers.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are some here who will vote for him no matter what.

Here's another quote" "Sometimes the devil you know, is better than the devil you don't know"

chew on that for a while, we know President Obama supports green energy initiatives & technolgies, Romney would likely try to end it as fast as possible.
Their never would have been a Tesla loan under a Romney administration, yes I know it was started during the Bush administration, well, Mr Romney is no George Bush