Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't completely catch what he was getting at.

He does not like green energy.
    No he does not. He wants to drill on federal land to create jobs. He wants to become energy independent, but do it by mining our own backyard (including Alaska). Like it or not, when gas prices drop, it's bad for Tesla imo.

Yeah, couldn't believe he lumped Tesla in with Solyndra. He definitely has no use for clean energy and is in bed with big oil and coal. Boooo!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

I am concerned, Romney came off very well, even though I disagree with his core positions. I think this debate is really going to help him and hurt Obama.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhall118 View Post
    No he does not. He wants to drill on federal land to create jobs. He wants to become energy independent, but do it by mining our own backyard (including Alaska). Like it or not, when gas prices drop, it's bad for Tesla imo.
    It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and refined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway. That would be a short term solution anyway.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    I am concerned, Romney came off very well, even though I disagree with his core positions. I think this debate is really going to help him and hurt Obama.
    Don't you worry, all of us blue states will take care of that problem we could use the help of a few pink states too.
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and defined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway.
    Exactly we should keep our oil. And then when everyone else starts to run out we can still make plastics!

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Blog Entries
    Wow WTF I was eating pizza, too.
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and refined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway. That would be a short term solution anyway.
    Yeah, but drilling our federal land makes JOBS and Tesla... uh.... makes... uh... cars?

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Note to Romney: Tesla is not Solyndra - GigaOm - Cleantech News and Analysis

Romney lumped Tesla in with Solyndra, Fisker Automotive and Ener1 as examples of misplaced spending. It’s true that Solyndra and Ener1 went bankrupt, and Fisker Automotive has clearly been struggling. But Tesla in general has been a success story of the stimulus package, and is producing a widely praised electric car in Fremont, Calif, at the rate of 100 vehicles a week (for the last week of September).

I like pizza but I think we should all switch to tacos next debate.

And here is my proof.
    Name:  2012-10-03-124.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  1.56 MB

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Thread Information