Thread: Fall Foliage trek in Model S?

Fall Foliage trek in Model S?

Hello! I met a few of you at the Natick opening, but for the rest, I've been a bit of a model s forum lurker though I did not notice the regional sections until a couple of days ago.

My girlfriend and I are looking to take a trip to see the foliage this weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a good path (leaving from Cambridge, MA) to take that would be within the Model S' range.

Many thanks!

Troy

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    @hcsharp lives in Vermont (near White River Jct, if I recall) and has a 70A HPC. I'm not sure if you've got the adapter to use it, but if so, he's offered to have people stop by and charge. That would extend your range a good bit.

thanks! its our first fall with a car so just not familiar with what routes might be better than others to trek around.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    I sketched out a trip last winter that would be fabulous -- I'm a little concerned about the distance, though, as the primary leg is 263 miles. Through mountains, but slow (6 hours for 263 miles), so should be feasible. It also relies on charging at the PSNH center in Manchester; since PSNH is a client of mine, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off, but I don't know what their attitude is to public charging.

In the alternative, once you get to Lincoln, stay on NH-112 over to US-5, in the Connecticut River Valley, and go south to VT-113 and to Thetford Center, where hcsharp lives (pin).

whoa that's awesome, thanks! Will def. try to put up some good pics when we go (assuming this weather gets less blah).

Thread Information