Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double DIN upgrade released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

djp

Model 3 Performance
Aug 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Double - DIN Upgrade Tesla Motors

Double - DIN Upgrade
Roadster Upgrades
Tesla Motors

Upgrade your Roadster stereo system to a premium double-DIN package that includes a 7” touch screen head unit that is equipped with built-in navigation and fully integrated with your audio and video system for added convenience to make your drive more enjoyable. This Tesla installed packaged also comes with a rear view camera custom built in for your vehicle to make your drive easier. See what's behind your vehicle, right from the screen.

* For Tesla customers outside the U.S., please contact your nearest Service Center to confirm pricing and availability.

$ 4,800.00 USD

Does anyone know if this is the Alpine, or a new head unit?

Would the general double din upgrade mean you can then slot a better unit in there? Maybe you can get the parts for the dash change and buy your own nav unit.

If that's possible, that's what I'd do. Maybe they'll sell you the double din upgrade without the Alpine unit (which really sucks) for less and let you choose something else. Alpine does have a newer unit with Pandora on it but likely the same thing as the old one in terms of user-interface.

I'm still happy with my Blaupunk :) ...although disappointed that bluetooth is only for phone calls and not audio streams like Pandora. WTF? Who puts such a limited feature in like that. Looking to see if I can put an amp into the Roadster to get more response from the speakers. Haven't heard back from Tesla if I can do that on the 1.5 or not. I like a simple head unit and use my phone for navigation and pandora /mp3 streaming. That way I keep my upgrade path inexpensive.

I have seen a Double Din app radio, that basically displays your Iphone Apps on the radio display. The radio allows for swiping, pinching, zooming etc. It was pretty inexpensive (<$400). I can't seem to find it now!

I'm still happy with my Blaupunk :) ...although disappointed that bluetooth is only for phone calls and not audio streams like Pandora. WTF?

Well, in a way that's better than the JVC, which pretends that it can stream audio. It skips and jumps so much that it's intolerable to listen to. And it also intercepts your telephone calls so that you can't hear them, and they can't hear you.