Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver with black roof and textile at Menlo Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeK

R#129, TSLA shareholder
Greetings,

I dropped by Menlo Park today to drool on the cars a bit, and they had a new Model S configuration I hadn't seen before. It was VIN 1210 (from the demo series, not production), and it was silver with the black painted roof and the black textile interior. It had 19" wheels, the tech package and the premium sound system.

I know some folks have been interested to see the textile interior and/or the painted roof, so I just wanted to give a heads up that this car is there to see. I thought it looked quite sharp.

The Blue/tan car with 21" silver wheels was also there, giving test drives.

I was a little dismayed to note that the driver's side rear door was slightly misaligned. I had hoped that Tesla had knocked this issue by the time the 1200-series cars were done, but hopefully on actual customer cars we wont' see it. I should have mentioned this to the folks at the showroom, but I had only a brief time to stay and I had to run while one of the guys was on a call...

I test drove the Silver car with textile seats this past Sunday. It didn't even occur to me at first that it wasn't the leather seats. It looked so good that I changed my design studio configuration from black nappa leather to textile.

I test drove the Silver car with textile seats this past Sunday. It didn't even occur to me at first that it wasn't the leather seats. It looked so good that I changed my design studio configuration from black nappa leather to textile.
That's quite an endorsement! Makes me feel better about my configuration. I'm already locked in so I figured there's no point in seeing it now. I'll just wait for the car.

Sorry about that. I was actually there really to get one more look at the blue to put my mind at ease, and it occurred to me later that the new silver would be interesting news...

Just getting your goat. :)

This subject of black roofs has come up a few times in threads now. I am wondering how the blue car would look with the black roof instead of the pano roof. I have a sunroof now -- really don't use it that much, and I did find it caused some glare with the 17 inch screen when test driving at Oak Brook.

- - - Updated - - -

That's quite an endorsement! Makes me feel better about my configuration. I'm already locked in so I figured there's no point in seeing it now. I'll just wait for the car.

Quite an endorsement, indeed!

Ken - are you not concerned about heated seats in the winter time (maybe that isn't an issue where you live)? I haven't seen in person the textile seats, but they do look nice. I'm just concerned that in the Chicago winters I might miss the heated seats.

Stopped by Menlo a little while ago; here are pics of the silver with black roof:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349653543.665492.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349653555.858139.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349653566.774798.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349653578.441534.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349653588.591402.jpg

The silver car belongs to corporate apparently and comes and goes to Menlo. There's the Blue for test drives (we saw visitors from Sweden - someone on these forums?! - being given a ride to the airport with their bags and all!) and a static Gray inside.

Ken - are you not concerned about heated seats in the winter time (maybe that isn't an issue where you live)? I haven't seen in person the textile seats, but they do look nice. I'm just concerned that in the Chicago winters I might miss the heated seats.

I wasn't even aware that the textile seats don't come heated (Is this officially stated somewhere?). But I've never had or wished for heated seats. I live in the Bay Area, where the climate is so moderate throughout the year that warm winter days are hotter than cold summer days.

I wasn't even aware that the textile seats don't come heated (Is this officially stated somewhere?). But I've never had or wished for heated seats. I live in the Bay Area, where the climate is so moderate throughout the year that warm winter days are hotter than cold summer days.

Heated seats are part of the "Nappa Leather" just about 2/3rds down the page:
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/options

and no mention of heated seats in the 'specs':
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/specs

But I've never had or wished for heated seats. I live in the Bay Area, where the climate is so moderate throughout the year that warm winter days are hotter than cold summer days.

Hey Ken, which part of the Bay Area are you referring to?! Not Antioch or Livermore or even Stockton or Brentwood, I hope. :) Where I live and work (Newark, Redwood Shores), winter days can be cold enough that heated seats are very welcome! In fact, I've used our current car's heated seats just in the past couple of days.

Hey Ken, which part of the Bay Area are you referring to?! Not Antioch or Livermore or even Stockton or Brentwood, I hope. :) Where I live and work (Newark, Redwood Shores), winter days can be cold enough that heated seats are very welcome! In fact, I've used our current car's heated seats just in the past couple of days.

Tesla's original headquarters: San Carlos -- I just updated my profile. And I work at SLAC in Menlo Park. I've never had leather seats, so I've never had a problem with cold seats in the morning. And the car will be garaged over night (of course), so mornings shouldn't be too bad. Is your current car garaged? Hot seats would be a problem if it's a hot day and it's been sitting out in the sun all afternoon, but we don't get cooled seats as an option.

Tesla's original headquarters: San Carlos -- I just updated my profile. And I work at SLAC in Menlo Park. I've never had leather seats, so I've never had a problem with cold seats in the morning. And the car will be garaged over night (of course), so mornings shouldn't be too bad. Is your current car garaged? Hot seats would be a problem if it's a hot day and it's been sitting out in the sun all afternoon, but we don't get cooled seats as an option.

About SLAC, cool! Ahem... no pun intended. Yeah, mornings aren't too bad but, sitting out in the parking structure at work, the leather seats do get pretty cold by 5-6 pm. And, heated seats are just more efficient at making one comfy quickly when compared to running the heater in the car full blast; less impact on range too FWIW.