Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICEd Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it would make sense to start an ICE'd picture thread. I took this picture last night.

IMG_0030.jpeg

Idea: small (fake) camera that has a sensor. When a car gets 10 feet from the camera (e.g. - pulls into the space), the camera flash goes off. I would say that this would be a tremendous deterrent, particularly to those of us who have red-light-cameras in our municipalities.

What do you call it if you park your Model S in the ChargePoint spots at the grocery store just to block ICEs from parking there but are not charging? There are 4 spots where I go most of the time and are always empty or filled with pickup trucks. I've started parking there so at least an EV is taking up one of the spots. I wouldn't park there if there were other EVs charging as I wouldn't want to block the spot. I'm only there for a few min anyway.

Idea: small (fake) camera that has a sensor. When a car gets 10 feet from the camera (e.g. - pulls into the space), the camera flash goes off. I would say that this would be a tremendous deterrent, particularly to those of us who have red-light-cameras in our municipalities.

Or, the parking enforcement group of the city get to doing their jobs. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me think of a fun offshoot for the TV show Parking Wars. hehehe Can you imagine the arguments they would get from ICE owners caught in the act on camera trying to defend their position?

I'm the type of person that would put Aligator clips to the charge station and put the wires under my hood if I had an ICE. If they were really common, and I was all pro-ICE I would probably get an AC->DC adapter and charge my Pb-acid battery with the charger.

6xICEd in the Apple parking lot in Elk Grove, CA. Security explained that they allow handicap parking in the EV charge spots because "nobody is using them". I explained both times I visited exactly why nobody is able to use them! To be fair to Apple, they did explain that this arrangement is temporary.

8686636076_7ab7a1912f.jpg
8685515627_8abafafff0.jpg

6xICEd in the Apple parking lot in Elk Grove, CA. Security explained that they allow handicap parking in the EV charge spots because "nobody is using them". I explained both times I visited exactly why nobody is able to use them! To be fair to Apple, they did explain that this arrangement is temporary.

So with that same logic, can I park my Tesla in a handicap space because nobody is using it?