Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
So, over in the Signature Discussion thread, it looks like those luck folks will be seeing cars in the November/December timeframe.

I'm wondering if there has been any word on Production model deliveries as yet. The latest I've heard (I'm Reservation #343) is "late winter/early spring".

I've taken delivery of cars in the Canadian winter before, and it is heartbreaking to drive that brand shiny new car out of the showroom into the snow and dirty roads. I'm actually kind of hoping for March/April delivery so that a) I get to enjoy it in nice weather, b) don't have to worry about winter tires for one year and c) I minimize the odds of cracking the car up on some snowy, icy road while I'm still getting used to it. It'll also give me a chance to get a good coat of wax on it before it sees winter.

Make sense or do you just want your car asap?

I am also thinking that i would rather collect it after winter for the reasons you described plus for three other reasons.
  1. The Montreal service center should be open and operational by then.
  2. The delay will give me more time to accumulate extra cash to be designated for the purchase.
  3. The delay will give Tesla more time to work out the remaining kinks and features not yet released.

but most days i just want it yesterday ...

In my case my current lease (G37X) expires at the begining of may 2013, so while I would prefer a summer delivery for the reasons noted above, I just hope I'll get it in time!

The Montreal service center is supposed to be open by march, we shall see...

That's crappy. When I reserved initially, I was on the US list since I signed up through Seattle. I was #1000 something, but then got transferred to the Canadian list. So instead of getting delivery dates I am waiting for a finalize email and hearing rumours Tesla won't send cars to Canada until the Spring? Really sucks.

I'm torn on this one. It'd be really nice to not have to mess with winter tires until the end of 2013 but in the end I'd rather get the car ASAP...

It's too bad we didn't get finalize e-mails with the latest batch of e-mails that just went out.

So, over in the Signature Discussion thread, it looks like those luck folks will be seeing cars in the November/December timeframe.

I'm wondering if there has been any word on Production model deliveries as yet. The latest I've heard (I'm Reservation #343) is "late winter/early spring".

I've taken delivery of cars in the Canadian winter before, and it is heartbreaking to drive that brand shiny new car out of the showroom into the snow and dirty roads. I'm actually kind of hoping for March/April delivery so that a) I get to enjoy it in nice weather, b) don't have to worry about winter tires for one year and c) I minimize the odds of cracking the car up on some snowy, icy road while I'm still getting used to it. It'll also give me a chance to get a good coat of wax on it before it sees winter.

Make sense or do you just want your car asap?

So they're >7000 on the Finalize thread as of this morning... Hopefully we are contracted soon!

FWIW: P7000, means a reservation this past February, an 8 month wait from reservation to finalizing! I've been waiting 38 months now! :)

Last edited:
I recently checked with Tesla and was told my Sig Perf (CDN Res#146) was still on track for delivery in Toronto for end of Nov / beginning of Dec /12.

I'm ready... Can hardly wait!

Nice.

My paperwork says November or December but I've heard nothing more about delivery dates. I made my reservation two years ago (and upgraded to Sig on the day it became available in March 2011).

The Canadian Tesla site still says Production car deliveries begin "late 2012". Does this seem likely?

I wouldn't think so since the 3 month figure has been tossed around from finalization to delivery... 3 months from now puts us in early January (and they haven't let us finalize yet).

Although it would be totally awesome if non-sig Model S's were shipping here before the end of the year.

Yeah - given I was told to expect my next email in about a month when I deferred back to production in August, it's getting a bit frustrating. I am actually divided somewhat: I want it NOW (like everyone else) but also like the thought that when I get mine most/all of the issues people have now will be resolved.

Yeah - given I was told to expect my next email in about a month when I deferred back to production in August, it's getting a bit frustrating. I am actually divided somewhat: I want it NOW (like everyone else) but also like the thought that when I get mine most/all of the issues people have now will be resolved.

I haven't received any e-mails or communications thus far (I'm Sequence #343). I'm kind of torn on this too. In addition to the "bug fixes" you mention, I wouldn't mind skipping the winter months and having delivery in early spring. On the flip side, I have to get new tires for my current car if it's going to see another winter...