Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audio: XM Satellite Radio reception in Model S

Blog Entries

Audio: XM Satellite Radio reception in Model S

Can anyone who's gotten their Model S comment on the XM Sat reception? I'm particularly interested in the standard (non-pano) roof since they had to make a change to include XM in that configuration and I'm curious if reception will be acceptable. Also, if you previously had XM and experience with reception issues in your area how the XM reception in the S compares.

Of course info from pano vehicles is welcome too as others will be interested.

Evan, Via Tapatalk
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Serious also has an app that allows you to play through a current subscription on a buletooth connection on your I phone. Works pretty cool and it saves another separate subscription.
    SP-2823(sold), Tesla/Rav4EV, P+17252, XP-12

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Serious also has an app that allows you to play through a current subscription on a buletooth connection on your I phone. Works pretty cool and it saves another separate subscription.
    I don't think you can get the sports channels through that app (used to be you couldn't anyway)..and that's a major reason I have XM.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Does anyone know what "XM Ready" means? If I pay about $1,000 for the upgraded sound system I get "XM Read?" Do I have to buy a radio and somehow integrate it? In my other vehicles it was built into the sound system, all I had to do was add a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by JackA View Post
    Does anyone know what "XM Ready" means? If I pay about $1,000 for the upgraded sound system I get "XM Read?" Do I have to buy a radio and somehow integrate it? In my other vehicles it was built into the sound system, all I had to do was add a subscription.
    Means the module is in place, you just need to pay for a subscription and activate it.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Means the module is in place, you just need to pay for a subscription and activate it.
    Yes; one of the early owners (dadaleus?) said that the trial subscription that Tesla paid for lasted a week and then, only the preview channel(s) was(were) available from that point on.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Yes; one of the early owners (dadaleus?) said that the trial subscription that Tesla paid for lasted a week and then, only the preview channel(s) was(were) available from that point on.
    Actually, I think it was just a free preview weekend that SiriusXM offered. Nada from Tesla

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I was still getting XM reception but didn't check today. Didn't want to ask because I thought they might shut it off. If it's only a week then it's done by now.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

dsm363: can you comment on the quality of XM sound in the Model S?

Thread Information