Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ain't No Party Like A Tesla Party....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
For those lucky enough to already have their Model S or about to get one, consider throwing a delivery party (maybe after you've had your car for awhile and had time to learn more about it and enjoy it some). Cattledog and his family threw and awesome party for my car while they wait patiently for their car and everyone had an amazing time. We had wine glasses with small adhesive Tesla logos on them which was a nice touch and great food as well. A few people were invited and I gave rides to everyone and even let the 2 people who seemed the most serious about buying one drive. They were blown away and one was ready to reserve that night but decided to go home and think about it for a few min. I'm pretty sure we got one reservation and maybe two of out it. Great event and great way to introduce people to Tesla who normally wouldn't go out of their way to a Get Amped type event or drive 200 miles to a Tesla Store for a test drive. Had a great time.

If you are throwing a delivery party, post pictures and anything you did to make it a success and maybe secure a reservation from someone at the party.

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg
IMG_0990.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great friend you have there in Cattledog. Very nice touch with the Logo's, a first class party for a first class car. Now, can we figure out how to get the ice cubes to be shaped like a Tesla "T", that would really wow guests. :wink:

Parties like this can help bring awareness to the brand, at least a small bit. Those on the edge that heard about Tesla would decide after a local test drive, or those who haven't heard will be turned onto the idea. I mean I became an enthusiast just by seeing the "Who Kill The Electric Car" movie. And that was before I was concerned about global warming.

Good idea all around. I can't wait for a few cities to have pictures of multiple Model S's, side by side.

But unlike a Tupperware party, we don't get our 3 cents for selling a car. That's it! We need to turn Tesla Motors into a MLM company :)

We did tell the guy that was almost certainly going to reserve one (we tried to get him to reserve it in the Model S on the 17" screen) that Cattledog and I each wanted our 3% (kind of like a realtor fee). Not sure that will happen.

+1 dsm363

I am planning the same for my delivery later this month - a fair amount of friends & family are expected at the house.

Also, I was on the agenda to present at the monthly Mid-Atlantic CIO forum meeting, so my icebreaker before I got into my presentation was a Public Service Announcement (PSA) where I threw a snapshot of my Model S reservation up on screen...since it was a techie group, they loved it!!! I also have time allocated at the November meeting and promised to stay afterward for an hour to provide test drives.

Will work for schwag as well...

All the thanks goes to Cattledog and his family for throwing a great party. The Tesla logos were great. We even had small tables next to the car with white gloves on them for effect.

LOL! OMG that would be awesome! I think there would be a rift in space-time if that happened, but I wonder if anyone has ever done that....

We told him he'd probably be the first but that would be cool if someone did that.

Where did you get the tesla logo stickers? I like the idea and may do something like this too.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

I'll see if Cattledog can post exactly how they did it but I think it was printed at home. The ink would run if it got wet but they held up nicely. I like the Tesla ice-cube idea. Anyone have the expertise to make one of those with a 3D printer or something?

Was looking for a place to post this:
"I started three years ago on the project. And I'm -- I don't know if you can tell by looking at me. I'm just a traditional car guy. I fell in love with cars some time before I went into my undergrad program, fell in love with them through grad school, and I've stayed in the business for over 25 years, 18 of the years with Nissan. I love cars.
But I will tell you after 25 years of experience in the business, I've never found this much energy, enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit and emotion surrounding one vehicle as I have with the Nissan Leaf and all electric vehicles in general. There's more excitement and passion about changing the way we move, about doing something for the environment, about getting the country off foreign oil, etc., than there is around the EV movement. It's something different. And it's the first time people can own a car and actually feel good about what they're doing with it, and that's outstanding.
And when you hear that enthusiasm coming from the public it can't help but rub off. And what I mean by that is more of our sales come from you guys than come from our sales and marketing efforts. And for that again I have to thank you, because when you go into a parking lot, or you drive through your neighborhood, and you talk about the vehicle with so much enthusiasm and passion, that just helps to sell cars. It makes my job very very easy.
And also it makes my job very easy to listen to your stories with the passion. Even the constructive criticism, because I'll tell you, you guys give the best constructive criticism of any group I've had to be associated with. And I can tell you, it's listened to at the highest levels of the company. You guys are more important than me. And that's the way it should be."