Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Salute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently learned that folks who drive Jeep Wranglers exchange some sort of secret greeting when passing each other the road. As we start hitting the streets in our Model Ss, what will you do to acknowledge fellow Tesla drivers?

In the Jeep, and some other vehicles, the drivers can see each other clearly but in many cars you can't really see the driver so greetings don't happen (even in unusual cars where drivers typically interact with other drivers). I don't know how visible the driver in the other Model S will be.

I recently learned that folks who drive Jeep Wranglers exchange some sort of secret greeting when passing each other the road. As we start hitting the streets in our Model Ss, what will you do to acknowledge fellow Tesla drivers?

I would vote for a single blink of the emergency flashers. Button easy to touch quickly and no need to see driver.

There is an EV hand sign going around here in CA.

Too hard to accurately describe but it's 3 digits. Thumb and it's two adjoining fingers.

If you were to look at the tips they would form a triangle. (signifying a generic plug)

The action is a wrist move like a tennis swing (plugging in action)

There is an EV hand sign going around here in CA.

Too hard to accurately describe but it's 3 digits. Thumb and it's two adjoining fingers.

If you were to look at the tips they would form a triangle. (signifying a generic plug)

The action is a wrist move like a tennis swing (plugging in action)

Surely you know someone who could provide a video clip ... no?

Driving my Volt around town, most other volts have been exchanging a quick beep of the pedestrian alert horn. All other EV's, a simply wave is exchanged (EV's are still pretty rare around here, so we all acknowledge each other on the road, regardless of brand)

I would think that a simple wave wave would be easiest for the Model S, but I do like the idea of the emergency flashers.

Even better would be two middle fingers forming a T but that might lead to safety problems with steering or lack thereof.

It's better than the "Vee-Dub" I throw up every now and then.

633492560763073750-vee-dub.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire