Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Shield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
I've used the Heat Shield brand sun screen on my Prius for the past 8-9 years and really like the custom fit. Checked the Heat Shield web site and while they have a shield for the Roadster they don't yet have the Model S. I sent an email and got the following reply:

Hi Evan,

Thank you for your e-mail. We don't currently have the pattern for this vehicle. We can probably get the patterns for the side windows in the next few weeks. I will add these Heatshield requests to the list of ones we should get. I will keep you posted.

Thank You.

LAURA
Assistant Office Manager
Aircraft Covers, Inc
DBA: Bruce's Custom Covers
DBA: Canvas Works
DBA: HeatShield
Toll Free: 800/777-6405
Ph: 408/738-3959
Fax: 408/738-2729

I wrote back asking for clarification on whether the front windshield would take longer (since she specified the side windows...which I don't care so much about). Will try to keep everyone here informed if/when I hear back about availability.

Got a reply back, as soon as they can get measurements they will offer the product for all windows. Do any of you earlynSig people live in/near Sunnydale, CA? I think they usually give the person who's car they used for measurement a free set. And you'll have the gratitude of a thankful Tesla nation! Give the number above a call.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Got a reply back, as soon as they can get measurements they will offer the product for all windows. Do any of you earlynSig people live in/near Sunnydale, CA? I think they usually give the person who's car they used for measurement a free set. And you'll have the gratitude of a thankful Tesla nation! Give the number above a call.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

I should be getting my car within a week or 2. I do live in the area and would be happy to assist if no one else jumps in before me.
Now I just need my S!!!!!!!!

Mark

I thought Sunnydale was destroyed in the last episode?

Did you ever talk to them about putting some kind of stiffener in the Heat Shields. I've gone through several sets because they sag after a few uses. It helps to prop up the middle with small boxes, but that really doesn't fix the original design flaw.

Did you ever talk to them about putting some kind of stiffener in the Heat Shields. I've gone through several sets because they sag after a few uses. It helps to prop up the middle with small boxes, but that really doesn't fix the original design flaw.

I didn't. I think the problem with the Prius is the really long windshield. Don't know how the S compares.

What I did was to cut some stays made from a bicycle flag pole, I cut a tiny slit near the top inside are of the HeatShield and slid it between the layers. Two stays worked, 3 would have worked a little better. But I've used the same modified HeatShield for over 8 years.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

I just got a "Heat Shield" brand front window screen for my Model 3 and I really, really like it. it fits great (see photo) and the construction seems quite good for this sort of product. I see that they make these screens for airplanes to protect the avionics ($$$$) so I'm sure they put some thought into it. Well worth the cost. Highly recommended. Heatshield Store - Advanced Windshield Reflector

Attachments

• IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    581 KB · Views: 71