Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Member Blog posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
You've probably already noticed the Blogs tab in the navigation bar above. I see blogs as a great place for TMC members to describe their delivery/ownership experiences and I think a blog format is probably more accessible new visitors interested in EVs and Tesla before diving into the forums.

My efforts with TMC lately have been to make it easier to get to information instead of having it just buried in the middle of long threads. That's meant more search options, enabling thread tags, installing wiki capabilities, and now blogs.

So where as I envision the Wiki page becoming the reference section of the TMC library (with guides, history, facts, etc) that can be collaborative and updated as necessary, I see blogs as a bit more personal, still informative, and more relevant to the moment. There have been plenty of forum posts that would be well suited to be highlighted as blog posts, e.g., coverage of certain events, detailed test drive reports, ownership experiences, that sort of thing. Of course the in-depth conversation still goes on in the forums.

For blogs I've so far created the following categories:

• folder.png
    Tesla News
  • folder.png
    Roadster
  • folder.png
    Model S
  • folder.png
    EV General
  • folder.png
    Ownership Experience
  • folder.png
    Roadtrip
  • folder.png
    Energy and Environment
  • folder.png
    Featured

Your post should fit into one or more of these. However, the "Featured" category is reserved for admin use. In terms of formatting, blogs should include a few relevant pics including a title image at the top.

Feel free to play with the blog feature where you can save posts as drafts to continue working on later before posting. For the time being, new blogs will go into moderation to get a once over by a mod before getting posted. (Kinda like how the News forum works now.)

Cool, blog started. Should be a great way to document my ownership experience over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, mine doesn't say "blog entries 1"?!
That's because as I mentioned above, to start, blog posts are first put in moderation before they're seen publically.

Do you have some relevent images to add to it? My hope is for blogs to be a bit more visual. Think more magazine than newspaper. At least a title image and maybe a one or two inline. Also a couple couple subheadings can help break it up a bit to avoid the wall of text. :) Use Bonnie's blogs as an example.

Also please select appropriate categories for your blog post ("ownership experience" proboably) and add tags.

Not sure the photos are relevant, but they add some color.
I added categories.
Will our personal blogs be threaded like they would be in blogspot or something or will they just be in series with whomever has posted a blog around us? Can someone go to efusco's blogs and see mine in sequence or click through them from that "blog entries" link?

Not sure the photos are relevant, but they add some color.
I added categories.
Ok, give me a chance to make a few layout edits and I'll publish it. You can continue to edit it if you want after it's public.

Will our personal blogs be threaded like they would be in blogspot or something or will they just be in series with whomever has posted a blog around us? Can someone go to efusco's blogs and see mine in sequence or click through them from that "blog entries" link?
Basically all those. You can see all blogs in sequence. You can view blogs by author. You can get a list by category and by tags. If you do a general forum search by tags, blogs with that tag will also show up.