Page 40 of 251 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    Fixed it! The right door wasn't closed all the way. I knew this was ping to be a problem....
    I know Tesla say the required door slam is by design, but when enough customers are having problems that tells me it's a bad design. Most other vendors seem to have normal doors.
    Last edited by ckessel; 2012-12-09 at 06:31 PM.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    I know Tesla say the required door slam is by design, but when enough customs are having problems that tells me it's a bad design. Most other vendors seem to have normal doors.
    Does it help to close the passenger door first? I wonder whether the last door closed, regardless of side, is simply meeting with air resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_p View Post
    My 2007 LS has XM NavTraffic - and warns you about upcoming traffic challenges, and can even offer to re-route you around the congestion.

Does the Model S navigation have access to the traffic data? While it's visible on the Google Maps - that doesn't necessarily mean that the navigation software also sees and uses it for routing.
    The Google Map does show traffic flow. I believe it picks up signals from Android phones that are on the road to determine the speed of traffic. There is traffic data for areas that I never imagined possible. (At the same time, I find it quite creepy and I doubt that I would buy an Android because of this and other data collection issues.)

The navigation system does not offer up any route changes to compensate for congestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpace View Post
    It must. For example, it routed me a different way to Austin than normal due to traffic, and once the voice said something like "warning, accident reported ahead." Integration is subtle, though.
    Maybe this is a regional feature. It didn't happen today when we came upon a back up due to an incident.
    Signature 909

Roadster #108 and SSL #61
    Just ran into a strange situation with my Model S (Sig Special Performance #61). The car had been charging for a couple days on 110v, then left on the plug for about 12 hours "full", with about 245 miles showing in Standard mode. Then I took the car out to drive, and immediately got the dotted orange warning line on the speedometer indicating that the power was limited to about 200kW. (Normally it can go to 320+kW.) This doesn't make much sense; the batteries shouldn't have been too hot after sitting for two days in a Los Angeles parking garage, and the charge level wasn't too low. (Low charge can reduce max power.) Any idea what else could trigger this power limit? I took a screenshot to send to Tesla, and will ask them too.

I had the power reduced issue today and I almost towed the car because I couldn't drive on the freeway, but they told me to hit power off and wait a minute and repeat 3 times and I did it and it fixed my issue so I could go fast again. They said there is a fix in date 3.5 I don't have yet so I'm just waiting for that and 4.0 to come still.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

I've updated the Wiki Post at the top of this thread to start to summarize the issues and fixes people have reported. Any and all contributions accepted.
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/465...rlwhitebla.png
    Performance 85 | Pearl White | Solid Roof | Tan Leather | Carbon Fibre Trim | 21" Grey Wheels | No Spoiler | Tech Package | Parcel Shelf | Built Dec 2012 | Delivered Jan 2013
    Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by v12 to 12v View Post
    The Google Map does show traffic flow. I believe it picks up signals from Android phones that are on the road to determine the speed of traffic. There is traffic data for areas that I never imagined possible. (At the same time, I find it quite creepy and I doubt that I would buy an Android because of this and other data collection issues.)
    Do you have an iPhone or a Windows Phone 7/8? Apple and Microsoft collect the same traffic data on their phones.

Apple says it's building 'crowd-sourced traffic' service for iPhone users

Apple had a particularly bad bug a year ago where the phone's full location history was being kept in a file on the phone, never getting cleared, and it would end up backed up on your computer too, so anyone who got access to either could see every place you've ever been.

Apple issues statement on iOS location controversy, says fix is coming

In any case, the data sent to the service is anonomized and, at least for Android, the first and last few miles of each trip are dropped to ensure no data is kept about where you live or go. If it bothers you so much you can always opt out.
    Model S VIN 03278 1/17/13. P85, Black, Black leather, 21" greys, carbon trim, sound, tech, pano, jump seats.
    Model X Sig #1242 and regular #3801

Model S - R140
    Here's a picture of the XM bug. Apparently, it persists between trips, because I switched to 226 yesterday, and the picture is from today. The audio is coming from 226.

Name:  20121210_114411.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  368.3 KB
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Today my cluster showed regen, abs and traction control were all disabled. I tried to reset the cluster with the upper buttons but this had no effect. I ended up having to pull the fuses in the frunk. This happened twice. Very strange.

Sidenote: The Model S is borderline undrivable with T/C disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by PRJIM View Post
    Today my cluster showed regen, abs and traction control were all disabled. I tried to reset the cluster with the upper buttons but this had no effect. I ended up having to pull the fuses in the frunk. This happened twice. Very strange.

Sidenote: The Model S is borderline undrivable with T/C disabled.

Hi, When you say the car is borderline undrivable with traction control disabled what do you mean exactly?

Thread Information