Page 39 of 255 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Has anybody had persistent "Low windshield washer fluid" warnings? I got these several times yesterday on starting the car, and got it again this morning. I opened the cap on the reservoir, and there was no fluid visible, so I filled it up and closed the cap. It took very little fluid to fill to the point of being visible, so I figured that it had plenty of fluid and I had just topped it up a bit.

No warning for awhile, but I got one again this evening. I opened the cap, and there's no fluid visible again. I'm a bit baffled. I certainly don't think I put in enough fluid to fill a typical washer fluid reservoir (maybe a cup or two). But, where did that fluid go? I haven't run the wipers at all.
    Yes, I also have this problem.
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    Have you found that it is losing fluid, or do you think it's just a spurious indicator?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    Could someone help me turn off the car? I can't get it to turn off or lock the doors. It lets me get in without the key but says no key inside. It has been on for hours. When I press once in the key fob it just beeps. It will even play music the whole time.
    A couple of things I could think to try:
    • Reboot the center screen by pressing and holding both the rollers on the steering wheel for about 15 seconds
    • Reboot the dashboard display by pressing and holding the top buttons on both sides of the steering wheel as above
    • Get in with the key, put the car into gear and then into park again, and then get out
    • Plug in the charging cable
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    It appears to be spewing random errors at startup as of version 4... I've had wiper fluid low warnings a couple times... did nothing about it ... warning went away .. and now it hasn't happened for several days ...
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    It appears to be spewing random errors at startup as of version 4... I've had wiper fluid low warnings a couple times... did nothing about it ... warning went away .. and now it hasn't happened for several days ...
    Ah. Interesting. I've only seen that warning, so I thought it might point to a real issue. I'll begin ignoring it now.
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Fixed it! The right door wasn't closed all the way. I knew this was ping to be a problem....
    Last edited by contaygious; 2012-12-09 at 12:22 AM.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Is there a way to turn off auto updates?

Has anybody had persistent "Low windshield washer fluid" warnings? I got these several times yesterday on starting the car, and got it again this morning. I opened the cap on the reservoir, and there was no fluid visible, so I filled it up and closed the cap. It took very little fluid to fill to the point of being visible, so I figured that it had plenty of fluid and I had just topped it up a bit.

No warning for awhile, but I got one again this evening. I opened the cap, and there's no fluid visible again. I'm a bit baffled. I certainly don't think I put in enough fluid to fill a typical washer fluid reservoir (maybe a cup or two). But, where did that fluid go? I haven't run the wipers at all.
    YES! I've been getting this intermittently since picking up the car... maybe once a day i get the warning about low washer fluid. haven't bought or added any so don't know if it's real or not, but I'd be surprised if they don't check this at the factory at some point.

Model S P85 #1299: Black with tan leather and obeche wood gloss, 19" wheels, pano roof, tech pkg, sound studio pkg, air suspension, twin chargers
    Model X (Reservation #6034, Reserved 9/30/13)
    [SOLD] Roadster 2.0 Sport #502: Fusion Red w/Black, CF accents.

The next thing they need to do with traffic is have some way to tell you that it's the left two lanes that are blocked, versus the center, or whatever. Then you could get into a favorable lane well in advance and the whole thing would flow more smoothly...
    My 2007 LS has XM NavTraffic - and warns you about upcoming traffic challenges, and can even offer to re-route you around the congestion.

Does the Model S navigation have access to the traffic data? While it's visible on the Google Maps - that doesn't necessarily mean that the navigation software also sees and uses it for routing.

Model S - R140
    Weird issue with the XM. When I'm listening to one channel and then I use the slider to get to another channel, a few seconds later the slider and display will show the channel number for the old channel. The audio is still for the new channel. I haven't experimented enough to track it down to when it happens, but it happened a few times today.
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_p View Post
    Does the Model S navigation have access to the traffic data?
    It must. For example, it routed me a different way to Austin than normal due to traffic, and once the voice said something like "warning, accident reported ahead." Integration is subtle, though.

Thread Information