Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KBF

Model X owner (formerly Cdn Signature Model S)
So, I'm very (im)patiently waiting for Tesla to give me a call about my delivery window, but I noticed there are some Canadian Signatures that have not finalized yet. Do you think that these slow, err I mean, cautious and wise reservation holders are delaying our notifications? :wink: There is some debate as to whether the final factory order is secondarily set by your finalize date or by your original reservation sequence (the primary variable so far seems to be batching).

So, I'd like to know, who's not finalized yet, what you're waiting for (ie. more information, trying to convince your spouse that you're not crazy and irresponsible, etc.), and I'd like everyone to speculate as to what happens with all the Canadian Signature spots that were changed to general production after the pricing thing. Clearly they'll sell them to Americans so that there are more than 1000 down South, right? :biggrin: (couldn't resist, but still, a possible point).

Second area of discussion, will this slowing ramp-up seriously delay Canadian R's and P's? How will we all fit into the scheme of things? I would hope that Canadian R's would fit in right after US R's.

And finally, should we meet in Toronto (the apparent centre of the universe), BC (way out in left field), or Manitoba (the actual centre of Canada) for our first Model S event? (Yes, the Canadian Community thread has been dull for a while). If I save a week by picking up my car at the Toronto store, I vote TO, otherwise you all know where the most central region is :wink: So lovely in November...

I think we'll get our cars in the next 45-60 days. They are almost done notifying all the Sigs in the US of their delivery windows.
You'd think (and hope) they'd want to get our cars completed before they start any P's.
As for the first meet, I know every one thinks T.O. is the centre of the universe but most of the cars are moving through there.
There are at least 4 other Sigs within a 30 minute drive from me.

Yeah it's far too quiet in here! Thanks for starting some discussion. The Canada sigs are sold out (Doug_G confirmed it with Hans).

I can't believe all the sigs haven't finalized yet! Why pay extra to be first in line, and then draw the process out? I seriously doubt that any non finalized sigs are holding the rest of you up.

Do we have an R list in Canada? There is no R# in the order tally thread... I keep telling myself that I'll have my car in time for Spring at this point. (ie. a March delivery) Maybe even later... That way I can avoid winter tires and find some 19" or smaller nice black rims for winter driving. :)

So, I'm very (im)patiently waiting for Tesla to give me a call about my delivery window, but I noticed there are some Canadian Signatures that have not finalized yet. Do you think that these slow, err I mean, cautious and wise reservation holders are delaying our notifications? :wink: There is some debate as to whether the final factory order is secondarily set by your finalize date or by your original reservation sequence (the primary variable so far seems to be batching).

So, I'd like to know, who's not finalized yet, what you're waiting for (ie. more information, trying to convince your spouse that you're not crazy and irresponsible, etc.), and I'd like everyone to speculate as to what happens with all the Canadian Signature spots that were changed to general production after the pricing thing. Clearly they'll sell them to Americans so that there are more than 1000 down South, right? :biggrin: (couldn't resist, but still, a possible point).

Second area of discussion, will this slowing ramp-up seriously delay Canadian R's and P's? How will we all fit into the scheme of things? I would hope that Canadian R's would fit in right after US R's.

And finally, should we meet in Toronto (the apparent centre of the universe), BC (way out in left field), or Manitoba (the actual centre of Canada) for our first Model S event? (Yes, the Canadian Community thread has been dull for a while). If I save a week by picking up my car at the Toronto store, I vote TO, otherwise you all know where the most central region is :wink: So lovely in November...

Yes there is a Canadian R list - I used to be on it before Signatures were made available.

I realize that Hans said they're sold out, but if there really were 200 Sigs, I think either they kept on compacting the list or we'd see at least S180-85 (so adding the SSL's to make more than 200 reservations). We know of around 2-3 TMC S's that downgraded to P, I assume there are several others since some of us could upgrade to Sig for "free" (I had to send in another 5k when I finalized), I assume people who were on the edge would have just upgraded since it was no loss at that time, but therefore more likely to downgrade when it came time to finalize. I believe
Hans is telling the truth about them being sold out, but I think there are less than 200 (and I think they're sticking to 1000 US Sigs). My 2c.

If I recall/guess correctly, there aren't more than a handful of R's left. Most upgraded to SSL.

Maybe we should all take delivery at once in BC (that would make the news) , and road trip it back East. Get Tesla to put up temporary Superchargers for us to reveal to Canada the dawning of the New Electric Empire. :D

Last edited:
Let's see...a November drive through the Rockies & across the Prairies...hmmm...I vote we all pick up our cars in Barbados...:wink:

I realize that Hans said they're sold out, but if there really were 200 Sigs, I think either they kept on compacting the list or we'd see at least S180-85 (so adding the SSL's to make more than 200 reservations). We know of around 2-3 TMC S's that downgraded to P, I assume there are several others since some of us could upgrade to Sig for "free" (I had to send in another 5k when I finalized), I assume people who were on the edge would have just upgraded since it was no loss at that time, but therefore more likely to downgrade when it came time to finalize. I believe
Hans is telling the truth about them being sold out, but I think there are less than 200 (and I think they're sticking to 1000 US Sigs). My 2c.

If I recall/guess correctly, there aren't more than a handful of R's left. Most upgraded to SSL.

Maybe we should all take delivery at once in BC (that would make the news) , and road trip it back East. Get Tesla to put up temporary Superchargers for us to reveal to Canada the dawning of the New Electric Empire. :D

If you're a bit more patient about charge time, there are already Sun Country Highway charging stations there.

Let's see...a November drive through the Rockies & across the Prairies...hmmm...I vote we all pick up our cars in Barbados...:wink:

Kent did a winter drive through the Rockies in his Roadster to demonstrate the Sun Country Highway network. By all accounts it got a little hairy when the blizzard blew in.

I just was imagining 20 Teslas huddled around a single J1772 station in a blizzard; is Sun Country having multiple chargers in one place, or is it typically one or two spots right now?

Barbados sounds great, but I recall a rep saying the hovercraft modification would not be covered under warranty. I assume a boat or submarine mod would also be out.

Spoke to my rep today... He confirmed CDN Sig Res#146 was still good for end of Nov. / beginning of Dec. 2012, as I was originally told. Come to Toronto and we will have a party... I am planning a Delivery Party.

While it would be nice to have an American Thanksgiving party, I guess I could settle for an EARLY Christmas party. Tessie should probably be my only gift this year for Christmas, anyway, since I'm paying that big, jolly, fat Sig. premium. :D

Well this doesn't look good:

Just called Tesla to confirm no front license plate install and they said delivery date info is now available on my car. They are estimating for R113 October 28-November 11th.

Apparently they're lining up deliveries of American General Production (Roadster Friend and Family) cars now. No sign of Canadian Signatures. So I guess their earlier promise to deliver Canadian Signatures immediately after the USA Signatures has gone by the boards.

I must say Tesla's communications in this area have been very poor.

Apparently they're lining up deliveries of American General Production (Roadster Friend and Family) cars now. No sign of Canadian Signatures. So I guess their earlier promise to deliver Canadian Signatures immediately after the USA Signatures has gone by the boards.

I suggest we all contact Tesla and ask them if they can give us a delivery window, and whether the 1200 NA Signatures will be the first cars produced, as per George B's blog. And if not, why not? Are there import issues? If we all ask, hopefully one of us gets a response, and maybe they'll get the idea that we're not pleased (while remaining polite) ;)

I'd be completely baffled as to why they wouldn't; I know they held off our finalization emails a bit because of the pricing delays, but we finalized well before the US Signatures were half started.

While I too am disappointed Doug (nothing, nothing riles most Canadians than playing second fiddle to the Yanks when it comes to consumer goods), I think we need to consider a couple of things here...

#1... Are some homologation issues holding things up?...possibly, not all issues may have gone as Tesla hoped...

#2...TMC stated that production of Canadian Sigs would start approximately three months after the start of U.S. Production...outside of the founder's deliveries, when would you say the U.S. production officially started?
If the U.S. Production officially started in July, then production of the Canadian Sigs should start in October (a la` Roadster...delivery expected in November)...this may be a "phantom disappointment" as it appears that until further notice from Tesla, we will still see our vehicles delivered in November...

Well this doesn't look good:

I posted some thoughts in Model S Delivery Update - Page 119

They actually did send out some American general production lock-in emails before Canadian Sigs. Assuming they intend to build in that same order, I'd expect there would be at least a couple of weeks of US general production cars made before they start shipping to Canada.

So I'm guessing that they will start delivering sometime in the second half of November.

Thanks for the info Doug...let's hope you're right! :smile:

I posted some thoughts in Model S Delivery Update - Page 119

They actually did send out some American general production lock-in emails before Canadian Sigs. Assuming they intend to build in that same order, I'd expect there would be at least a couple of weeks of US general production cars made before they start shipping to Canada.

So I'm guessing that they will start delivering sometime in the second half of November.

OK I'm calling tomorrow.

Did you manage to speak to someone who knows what's going on? My email has not been responded to yet. Hopefully the ramp up continues without further problems, and then if we get our cars a less than two weeks after P's begin it won't be as bad. Although I guess it means all that's left of our Sig Premium is "earlier than other Canadians" and Red w/ White leather (which I chose but don't particularly care one way or the other). So much for 1200 NA Sigs first. Tack it onto a long list of communication errors. I just want my car.