Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Signature discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Did you manage to speak to someone who knows what's going on? My email has not been responded to yet.
    Tesla's standard answer to Canadian reservation holders appears to be, and I quote, "".

If I had to guess, they have no information, or at least nothing they are allowed to share.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

CDN Sig 2114, P85D order Jgdixon's Avatar
    I was told by Martin in Toronto that our Sigs would still start production right after the U.S. ones.
    If they're up to 80 a day our production will only take 2.5 days. Hopefully we're still on for end of November/ early December.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgdixon View Post
    I was told by Martin in Toronto that our Sigs would still start production right after the U.S. ones.
    If they're up to 80 a day our production will only take 2.5 days. Hopefully we're still on for end of November/ early December.
    Well, I think we'd all be pleased with that (Did he actually say "right" after, or just after?). It's the impression I received when I spoke to Hans a month ago, but with hedged words. Yes, I'm way too analytical right now. I will never ever wait 3.75+ months for a car again!

I was quite impressed that I managed to not check TMC for about 20 hours... and it was a snow day off work to boot! @mnx: you are right. Perspective is nice. I mean, "I feel your pain"

Blog Entries
    I just got a call from Tesla, requesting confirmation of whether I wanted the rear spoiler installed or not. Apparently their system hasn't always recorded this particular piece of information correctly, so they called to confirm it. (Yes I'm taking the spoiler.)

Naturally I asked about delivery, and he told me "says here Nov/Dec, so it's right around the corner". I tried to push for more information but he basically admitted he wasn't allowed to say anything. I pointed out that I had a low-numbered Signature, to which he replied, "well then hopefully it should be sooner rather than later". Clever response - positive yet doesn't tell me anything that I didn't tell him.

My conclusions from this meager tidbit of information:

1. The reason you can't get any information whatsoever is that they're not allowed to say anything.
    2. My car hasn't been built yet
    3. If they're confirming the configuration then they must be planning to build it "soon"
    4. We'll only know when the Canadian cars are coming when the first Canadians get their delivery windows.

Well, I'm glad they're not just making up answers to make us temporarily happy like apparently some of the US reps have in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    I just got a call from Tesla, requesting confirmation of whether I wanted the rear spoiler installed or not. Apparently their system hasn't always recorded this particular piece of information correctly, so they called to confirm it. (Yes I'm taking the spoiler.)

Naturally I asked about delivery, and he told me "says here Nov/Dec, so it's right around the corner". I tried to push for more information but he basically admitted he wasn't allowed to say anything. I pointed out that I had a low-numbered Signature, to which he replied, "well then hopefully it should be sooner rather than later". Clever response - positive yet doesn't tell me anything that I didn't tell him.

1. The reason you can't get any information whatsoever is that they're not allowed to say anything.
    3. If they're confirming the configuration then they must be planning to build it "soon"
    4. We'll only know when the Canadian cars are coming when the first Canadians get their delivery windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgdixon View Post
    I feel with all Canadians wanting to know when production of their cars is about to start. "End of U.S. signatures" would make a lot of sense since Tesla won't have to shut down the signature red painting process. But I don't see Tesla switching over production to Canadian sigs completely, since that would halt U.S. production. Imagine the news lines!

Instead I think that Canadian spec cars will be added to production at a certain percentage. And Tesla will not disclose that number, instead we must figure it from interleave of US P vs CDN Sig deliveries in hindsight. That will give a sketchy number with big error bars.

As soon as we conclude that discussion, production of European spec cars will begin - and we'll start all over

Hope to see your S around town Doug! So jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by microsurf View Post
    Hope to see your S around town Doug! So jealous!
    Once it arrives I'll be sure to bring it to the next EVCO meeting, so if you want to see it...

(Mind you I'd really like to see it, too!)

So, I'm guessing no Canadians received an email from George B? I guess we're not part of "all Signatures who haven't received their cars yet".

CDN Sig 2114, P85D order Jgdixon's Avatar
    I spoke to a U.S. customer experience rep today. He gave me the standard Nov/Dec timeframe. I said come on, we get that all the time. We weren't on George's email list and could he get a real answer. He said he would pass my concerns up the line, but that the delays in U.S. sig production were resolved and wouldn't affect our production sequence. I have also responded to George's posts here and on the Tesla forum with no response. Let's see what happens

Thread Information