Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Signature discussion

Tesla apparently will have more delivery info by/at the end of the week. They are working through details for registering in each province, which all have specific requirements. I really hope they will keep an option for "delivery anywhere" as I'll be at the cabin for a week during New Years' (though I'm still hoping for pre-Christmas arrival). For those who really want more info, maybe give them until the weekend before bombarding them with emails; I don't think you'll get answers much sooner than that anyway. I half-expect to have the final MVPA and delivery happen within a week of each other... We won't see 30 days.
    Last edited by KBF; 12-04-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Thanks for the update KBF

I don't want to be a killjoy but if they are still sorting out registration details then I don't see delivery by year end with XMAS just around the corner.

Stopped by Toronto service today to see if they have any more info before I renew the plate stickers on my car (or stand in line at MTO to find out if I can get a one month extension). They have no additional insight beyond "targeting December". At this point they are on standby to work through to the new year at 7 days a week with only the 25/26th off. They are expecting to do delivery at the service center as an option. Looking like we can write off next week as a potential delivery window.

Items for Sale
    "They" need to add the car to "their system" in advance of the car being delivered in order to be able to insure it as soon as it's delivered (Ontario added the Model S to their "system" a few months ago)...we'd all be upset about an insurance administration delay keeping us from driving our vehicles, wouldn't we?

The overall cost of the car is not the only rating factor used...the Vehicle Information Center of Canada (VICC) denotes 3 rate groups per vehicle...passenger safety / cost of repair / frequency of claim...this is a far more accurate way of determining the insurance characteristics of a vehicle than using the old method (cost of the vehicle)

Deductibles, driving records, past claims experience, territory driven in also all affect the overall premium.

It is really not possible to compare quotes for the Model S from Province to Province as each Province's insurance schemes can and are different...sometimes, vastly so...some Provinces offer minimal coverage with highly restrictive provisions, others offer Cadillac style products with higher basee prices...

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    That doesn't seem right. I own a couple of cars worth more than the Tesla and I don't pay that much to ICBC. What deductables are you using?

I can't see how the model S is even in ICBC's system yet since the car hasn't yet been registered by anyone in BC. Perhaps they quoted you for something else.
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    "They" need to add the car to "their system" in advance of the car being delivered in order to be able to insure it as soon as it's delivered (Ontario added the Model S to their "system" a few months ago)...we'd all be upset about an insurance administration delay keeping us from driving our vehicles, wouldn't we?

The overall cost of the car is not the only rating factor used...the Vehicle Information Center of Canada (VICC) denotes 3 rate groups per vehicle...passenger safety / cost of repair / frequency of claim...this is a far more accurate way of determining the insurance characteristics of a vehicle than using the old method (cost of the vehicle)

Deductibles, driving records, past claims experience, territory driven in also all affect the overall premium.

It is really not possible to compare quotes for the Model S from Province to Province as each Province's insurance schemes can and are different...sometimes, vastly so...some Provinces offer minimal coverage with highly restrictive provisions, others offer Cadillac style products with higher basee prices...
    If a vehicle is not yet entered into ICBC's system and a rating category assigned then what they do is estimate the premium based on a similar class/cost of vehicle and then provide you insurance. Once the vehicle has been assigned at rate class they then either refund or assess the difference in premium. In any event you do not need to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by colinb View Post
    Stopped by Toronto service today to see if they have any more info before I renew the plate stickers on my car (or stand in line at MTO to find out if I can get a one month extension). They have no additional insight beyond "targeting December". At this point they are on standby to work through to the new year at 7 days a week with only the 25/26th off. They are expecting to do delivery at the service center as an option. Looking like we can write off next week as a potential delivery window.
    I admire Tesla's willingness to work 7 days a week for us. Unfortunately Government and 3rd parties like shipping companies do not. I would love to have my car by year end but if they are still sitting in California waiting for the Government to figure out where stickers go then we won't be seeing them before January in my opinion.

Items for Sale
    Shorty, I'm in Ontario...I really don't know if ICBC uses the VICC rate groups...if they do, tell your agent that the Model S Sig is code 4002, and the Model S is code 4001...this should help them configure your quote more accurately.
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

I admire Tesla's willingness to work 7 days a week for us. Unfortunately Government and 3rd parties like shipping companies do not. I would love to have my car by year end but if they are still sitting in California waiting for the Government to figure out where stickers go then we won't be seeing them before January in my opinion.
    Bang on. Without Canadian/provincial government hangups, some of us would already have our cars. Tesla employees would love to be delivering to Canada already. I suppose one could fault Tesla for underestimating the bloatiness of Canadian bureaucracy. And you can bet if everything isn't done soon our civil "servants" will be taking nice big seasonal vacations.

Disclaimer: I know at least two gov't employees who don't want to be lazy, lest I paint them all with the same brush

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Tesla apparently will have more delivery info by/at the end of the week. They are working through details for registering in each province, which all have specific requirements. I really hope they will keep an option for "delivery anywhere" as I'll be at the cabin for a week during New Years' (though I'm still hoping for pre-Christmas arrival).
    For Alberta, all I need is a Bill of Sale and a New Vehicle Information Statement (NVIS) card.
    I'll do my own registration. No one asks to "see" the car.
    Is it any different in other provinces ? No extra effort from TESLA required to arrange my registration.

Just got this insurance quote on-line.
    Name:  TELSA Insurance Quote.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  47.5 KB
    Last edited by Zapped; 12-04-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Insurance Quote

Just got my Delivery Form to fill in email (now completed)... Was told hopefully by the end of Dec/12???

Expect to get details soon. Was able to select Pick-Up OR Delivery to Address (selected home)

So who knows... Maybe soon? Will keep you posted.

CDN Sig Res #146 / S/N 2101

Wow I'm not far behind you. #152 and VIN 2114
    fingers crossed for of us!

Thread Information