Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Signature discussion

Model S - Canadian Sig 31
    Just an added note to BC Residents:

Got a ICBC quote for Sig Model S at $3900/ year and that's with 43% discount!

So general production holders with options that are causing delays got an update today. Thanks to TMC we are learning about how to get onto the winter tire list. Without any official information other than a vague "before end of year" we are sitting in the dark once again. The holidays are coming up with people trying to plan family time let alone trying to set aside time in our schedules to plan for delivery. Some of us need guidance on financing so we can get the appropriate documents in order. All of this was to be covered with the notification email that was, to my understanding, be receiving within 30 days of delivery. Unless everyone has been quiet on this issue I don't believe any of us are getting any useful guidance out of Tesla reps at this point. From the My Tesla screen it appears my car is still somewhere in the factory but I can't tell when. I know they are working on building out the delivery process but once again it appears that non-US orders are left by the wayside to speculate on the next steps. Frustrating experience given that they are sitting on my $40k. I can't think that it would take much to send an email to the less than 200 of us to let us know that they are planning delivery events for week x to y, that financing is being handled by Scotiabank and that they will be letting us know on day z about how to apply for that and that the cars are off the line.

Blog Entries
    It's highly likely at this point that at least some CDN Signature cars are in transit as we speak, but I doubt we'll hear much more until the car is pretty much ready to be delivered.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Received my VIN number (2020) today, after sending an email asking for it. In January 2012 I received an email saying I had moved up to Cdn Sig 7 (from Cdn Sig 12) likely due to people dropping to P. No word on a delivery date.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    It's highly likely at this point that at least some CDN Signature cars are in transit as we speak, but I doubt we'll hear much more until the car is pretty much ready to be delivered.
    I sure hope so, but it seems like our friends south of the border are getting a more hands-on delivery approach where they get notified about the vehicle being in transit. If I went by the My Tesla site I'd be wondering why "the Tesla Factory is building your Model S Signature" still. I'm sure I'll forget all of this once the car arrives, but by way of feedback the Canadian office has to know that saying nothing puts customers who need to coordinate other things around this at a disadvantage.

UPDATE: Based on JoshG's post it's equally as likely that Canadian Signatures are still sitting at the factory.
    Last edited by colinb; 2012-12-03 at 07:49 PM.

Just got my VIN !

Feeling Great !!!
    Last edited by Zapped; 2012-12-08 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by colinb View Post
    So general production holders with options that are causing delays got an update today. Thanks to TMC we are learning about how to get onto the winter tire list. Without any official information other than a vague "before end of year" we are sitting in the dark once again. The holidays are coming up with people trying to plan family time let alone trying to set aside time in our schedules to plan for delivery. Some of us need guidance on financing so we can get the appropriate documents in order. All of this was to be covered with the notification email that was, to my understanding, be receiving within 30 days of delivery. Unless everyone has been quiet on this issue I don't believe any of us are getting any useful guidance out of Tesla reps at this point. From the My Tesla screen it appears my car is still somewhere in the factory but I can't tell when. I know they are working on building out the delivery process but once again it appears that non-US orders are left by the wayside to speculate on the next steps. Frustrating experience given that they are sitting on my $40k. I can't think that it would take much to send an email to the less than 200 of us to let us know that they are planning delivery events for week x to y, that financing is being handled by Scotiabank and that they will be letting us know on day z about how to apply for that and that the cars are off the line.
    I really find it unacceptable that there is no guidance or paperwork started for Scotia financing (That Tesla Canada obviously has pre-negotiated and should have under control) even though I have sent numerous emails to the Toronto office. I have not even had a polite response and this, so close to a supposed delivery! As you said, with the holidays coming around and trips planned etc, this is a recipe for disaster. It could so easily be fixed. I just don't get it!
    Lightning Green Roadster 2.5 VIN#1281
    Signature Red Model S VIN#2004

Quote Originally Posted by adhawan View Post
    Just an added note to BC Residents:

Got a ICBC quote for Sig Model S at $3900/ year and that's with 43% discount!
    WTF??

I know we are being screwed here having lived in a few other provinces first, but this is insane. We really should be allowed to get our own insurance. The provincial extortion is horrid.

Don't sweat it Colin...Roadster owners rarely received any updates by way of their "my tesla" page being updated in a timely manner either...and I'm sure that TM is far busier today then they were a few years ago.

Speaking from experience (a few hours of sleep / night over a 12 week period whilst waiting for my Roadster), you will, as you said, forget about this once your car has arrived...it's well worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by colinb View Post
    I sure hope so, but it seems like our friends south of the border are getting a more hands-on delivery approach where they get notified about the vehicle being in transit. If I went by the My Tesla site I'd be wondering why "the Tesla Factory is building your Model S Signature" still. I'm sure I'll forget all of this once the car arrives, but by way of feedback the Canadian office has to know that saying nothing puts customers who need to coordinate other things around this at a disadvantage.

UPDATE: Based on JoshG's post it's equally as likely that Canadian Signatures are still sitting at the factory.
    Tesla Roadster #1137 / Tesla Model S Sig # 2120 / P85D on order
    Please be advised that my comments are intended for use in this, the Tesla Motors Club forum (TMC forum), and may not be used in whole or in part by any party outside of the TMC forum without my expressed written consent.

That doesn't seem right. I own a couple of cars worth more than the Tesla and I don't pay that much to ICBC. What deductables are you using?

I can't see how the model S is even in ICBC's system yet since the car hasn't yet been registered by anyone in BC. Perhaps they quoted you for something else.
    Last edited by Shorty; 2012-12-04 at 06:42 AM.

Thread Information