Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Signature discussion

Canadian Signature discussion

So, I'm very (im)patiently waiting for Tesla to give me a call about my delivery window, but I noticed there are some Canadian Signatures that have not finalized yet. Do you think that these slow, err I mean, cautious and wise reservation holders are delaying our notifications? There is some debate as to whether the final factory order is secondarily set by your finalize date or by your original reservation sequence (the primary variable so far seems to be batching).

So, I'd like to know, who's not finalized yet, what you're waiting for (ie. more information, trying to convince your spouse that you're not crazy and irresponsible, etc.), and I'd like everyone to speculate as to what happens with all the Canadian Signature spots that were changed to general production after the pricing thing. Clearly they'll sell them to Americans so that there are more than 1000 down South, right? (couldn't resist, but still, a possible point).

Second area of discussion, will this slowing ramp-up seriously delay Canadian R's and P's? How will we all fit into the scheme of things? I would hope that Canadian R's would fit in right after US R's.

And finally, should we meet in Toronto (the apparent centre of the universe), BC (way out in left field), or Manitoba (the actual centre of Canada) for our first Model S event? (Yes, the Canadian Community thread has been dull for a while). If I save a week by picking up my car at the Toronto store, I vote TO, otherwise you all know where the most central region is So lovely in November...

CDN Sig 2114, P85D order Jgdixon's Avatar
    I think we'll get our cars in the next 45-60 days. They are almost done notifying all the Sigs in the US of their delivery windows.
    You'd think (and hope) they'd want to get our cars completed before they start any P's.
    As for the first meet, I know every one thinks T.O. is the centre of the universe but most of the cars are moving through there.
    There are at least 4 other Sigs within a 30 minute drive from me.

Yeah it's far too quiet in here! Thanks for starting some discussion. The Canada sigs are sold out (Doug_G confirmed it with Hans).

I can't believe all the sigs haven't finalized yet! Why pay extra to be first in line, and then draw the process out? I seriously doubt that any non finalized sigs are holding the rest of you up.

Do we have an R list in Canada? There is no R# in the order tally thread... I keep telling myself that I'll have my car in time for Spring at this point. (ie. a March delivery) Maybe even later... That way I can avoid winter tires and find some 19" or smaller nice black rims for winter driving.

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    So, I'm very (im)patiently waiting for Tesla to give me a call about my delivery window, but I noticed there are some Canadian Signatures that have not finalized yet. Do you think that these slow, err I mean, cautious and wise reservation holders are delaying our notifications? There is some debate as to whether the final factory order is secondarily set by your finalize date or by your original reservation sequence (the primary variable so far seems to be batching).

So, I'd like to know, who's not finalized yet, what you're waiting for (ie. more information, trying to convince your spouse that you're not crazy and irresponsible, etc.), and I'd like everyone to speculate as to what happens with all the Canadian Signature spots that were changed to general production after the pricing thing. Clearly they'll sell them to Americans so that there are more than 1000 down South, right? (couldn't resist, but still, a possible point).

Second area of discussion, will this slowing ramp-up seriously delay Canadian R's and P's? How will we all fit into the scheme of things? I would hope that Canadian R's would fit in right after US R's.

And finally, should we meet in Toronto (the apparent centre of the universe), BC (way out in left field), or Manitoba (the actual centre of Canada) for our first Model S event? (Yes, the Canadian Community thread has been dull for a while). If I save a week by picking up my car at the Toronto store, I vote TO, otherwise you all know where the most central region is So lovely in November...
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Blog Entries
    Yes there is a Canadian R list - I used to be on it before Signatures were made available.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Yes there is a Canadian R list - I used to be on it before Signatures were made available.
    I realize that Hans said they're sold out, but if there really were 200 Sigs, I think either they kept on compacting the list or we'd see at least S180-85 (so adding the SSL's to make more than 200 reservations). We know of around 2-3 TMC S's that downgraded to P, I assume there are several others since some of us could upgrade to Sig for "free" (I had to send in another 5k when I finalized), I assume people who were on the edge would have just upgraded since it was no loss at that time, but therefore more likely to downgrade when it came time to finalize. I believe
    Hans is telling the truth about them being sold out, but I think there are less than 200 (and I think they're sticking to 1000 US Sigs). My 2c.

If I recall/guess correctly, there aren't more than a handful of R's left. Most upgraded to SSL.

Maybe we should all take delivery at once in BC (that would make the news) , and road trip it back East. Get Tesla to put up temporary Superchargers for us to reveal to Canada the dawning of the New Electric Empire.
    Last edited by KBF; 2012-09-27 at 10:54 AM. Reason: bad autocorrect.

Items for Sale
    Let's see...a November drive through the Rockies & across the Prairies...hmmm...I vote we all pick up our cars in Barbados...

I realize that Hans said they're sold out, but if there really were 200 Sigs, I think either they kept on compacting the list or we'd see at least S180-85 (so adding the SSL's to make more than 200 reservations). We know of around 2-3 TMC S's that downgraded to P, I assume there are several others since some of us could upgrade to Sig for "free" (I had to send in another 5k when I finalized), I assume people who were on the edge would have just upgraded since it was no loss at that time, but therefore more likely to downgrade when it came time to finalize. I believe
    Hans is telling the truth about them being sold out, but I think there are less than 200 (and I think they're sticking to 1000 US Sigs). My 2c.

If I recall/guess correctly, there aren't more than a handful of R's left. Most upgraded to SSL.

Maybe we should all take delivery at once in BC (that would make the news) , and road trip it back East. Get Tesla to put up temporary Superchargers for us to reveal to Canada the dawning of the New Electric Empire.
    Tesla Roadster #1137 / P85 Sig traded in on a P85D #64765 in production.
    Please be advised that my comments are intended for use in this, the Tesla Motors Club forum (TMC forum), and may not be used in whole or in part by any party outside of the TMC forum without my expressed written consent.

Blog Entries
    If you're a bit more patient about charge time, there are already Sun Country Highway charging stations there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Let's see...a November drive through the Rockies & across the Prairies...hmmm...I vote we all pick up our cars in Barbados...
    Kent did a winter drive through the Rockies in his Roadster to demonstrate the Sun Country Highway network. By all accounts it got a little hairy when the blizzard blew in.

I just was imagining 20 Teslas huddled around a single J1772 station in a blizzard; is Sun Country having multiple chargers in one place, or is it typically one or two spots right now?

Barbados sounds great, but I recall a rep saying the hovercraft modification would not be covered under warranty. I assume a boat or submarine mod would also be out.

Blog Entries
    Sun Country wants to build out more over time, but right now most locations have a single EVSE.

Spoke to my rep today... He confirmed CDN Sig Res#146 was still good for end of Nov. / beginning of Dec. 2012, as I was originally told. Come to Toronto and we will have a party... I am planning a Delivery Party.

Thread Information