Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The future is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was commuting in to work in my Volt and in front of me was a Plug-in Prius, and in front of it was a Leaf. Soon EVs will be common place and I have to start envisioning teleportation. =)

volt-pip-leaf.jpg

All of our taxis are Prius' so we see lots here in Greater Vancouver. There is a Fisker dealership but I don't recall seeing any EVs here yet (I am sure there are and colleagues have mentioned some roadster owners they know, but I haven't noticed any yet)

The other day I was driving my volt, and pulled up besides another volt. After we exchanged a quick beep of the pedestrian alert horn, I realized that this is the first time I have seen 2 plug ins at once out side of a show room or get amped event. It was pretty cool. Cant wait till the first time that I see three at once.

Try driving my highway 101 SF bay area commute in the carpool lane. Frequently a LEAF or Volt or PiP in front or behind. Then watching the oncoming traffic on the other side it seems that every 10th vehicle is a plug-in of some sort. I probably see a dozen other LEAFs in a day. At least one Roadster a week. Today I saw a silver Model S going the other direction. And a Fisker Karma parked at the lunch restaurant.

Odd. Last night I tried to post a pic with the OP, which as you can see is broken. Then I couldn't post anything for a couple of hours without error. After such time I was able to post the picture successfully but today that posting is gone. Anyways...let's try posting it again!

I'm able to see your pic in the first post fine. I deleted the second post because it was essentially a duplicate. Maybe try a different browser?

Ya. It is sad. My mom went on a road trip from SF area to Arizona/Colorado/New mexico/Wyoming and other western states. She commented that she only saw any Prius' in California. once you go left there are almost none! (Gas is cheaper? People don't care about environment? No recycling either)

She must not have come to Texas. There are a ton of them here.

I actually see a ton of prius here in northern virginia. Almost more than any other single model of car. Ive also started recently seeing just a few volts and leafs. Not more than half a dozen of either, but its progress. Before i went to the october model s event, i had never seen a volt or a leaf in the wild.

One drive in June, to Santa Monica and back I saw 13 EVs on the road. Just a regular day, no EVent of any kind and these were driving, not parked or charging...

Even had two black Leafs on either side of me at one point on PCH.

8 Leafs
1 Active E
3 Volts
1 Roadster (not the one I was in)

I've seen a bunch of Volts and Leafs around the Chicago area. A few physician friends have Volts. Lots of Priuses around the Western Suburbs as well. Not sure if they are PiPs, though. There are a few Leafs in my neighborhood, but on the fly, I have a hard time telling the difference between a Leaf and a Versa (at least when driving and keeping my eyes on the road and not looking for Model Ses).