Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pontiac Aztec, a great looking SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your definition of good looking is "it looks no different than anything else", then yes. To me "looking like everything else" is just unimaginative and boring (which is why I'm not that keen on the Model S' looks). I don't doubt that the first definition of good looking is applicable to the Discovery Channel. Not that I want things to be different just to be different, but form following function is always good looking, and it seems to me that the Aztec was a case of form following function.

>To me "looking like everything else" is just unimaginative and boring
I can understand that and can appreciate that. :)

>Not that I want things to be different just to be different, but form following function is always good looking, and it seems to me that the Aztec was a case of form following function.

True. I agree on something being useful in form and function and like when they mesh lines, style, and looks together. It can easily make it a success or a failure in a product. Roadster for example. It catches peoples eyes because its sexy and has nice lines.

Curious, what is the form following the function in the Aztec? I can only see no door dings from shopping carts, door dings, and a great anti-theft deterrent device based upon looks! You know I had to put that in there ;)

>Curious, what is the form following the function in the Aztec? I can only see no door dings from shopping carts, door dings, and a great anti-theft deterrent device based upon looks! You know I had to put that in there ;)

LOL. I was thinking it's more aerodynamic than most SUVs. It appears as if it should be.

I liked it at first too but probably because it was just "different". There are varying levels of that mindset that EV owners have. Many of us have other slightly "off the norm" cars already.

Not an Aztec fan anymore.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but I'm an Aztec fan.

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpe