Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac Aztec, a great looking SUV

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar

Icon6 Pontiac Aztec, a great looking SUV

Quote Originally Posted by wiztecy View Post
    It was like the darn engineers from the Pontiac Aztec were put on GM's Truck design team.
    I thought the Aztec was a great looking SUV (one of the best looking ever). If it hadn't been made by GM, I would have been strongly tempted to buy one.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

>I thought the Aztec was a great looking SUV (one of the best looking ever). If it hadn't been made by GM, I would have been strongly tempted to buy one.

I'll just have the take that as a good sarcastic remark

Pontiac Aztek: Top 10 Ugliest Cars: The Car Guide: Discovery Channel

If your definition of good looking is "it looks no different than anything else", then yes. To me "looking like everything else" is just unimaginative and boring (which is why I'm not that keen on the Model S' looks). I don't doubt that the first definition of good looking is applicable to the Discovery Channel. Not that I want things to be different just to be different, but form following function is always good looking, and it seems to me that the Aztec was a case of form following function.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.

>To me "looking like everything else" is just unimaginative and boring
    I can understand that and can appreciate that.

>Not that I want things to be different just to be different, but form following function is always good looking, and it seems to me that the Aztec was a case of form following function.

True. I agree on something being useful in form and function and like when they mesh lines, style, and looks together. It can easily make it a success or a failure in a product. Roadster for example. It catches peoples eyes because its sexy and has nice lines.

Curious, what is the form following the function in the Aztec? I can only see no door dings from shopping carts, door dings, and a great anti-theft deterrent device based upon looks! You know I had to put that in there

Quote Originally Posted by wiztecy View Post
    >Curious, what is the form following the function in the Aztec? I can only see no door dings from shopping carts, door dings, and a great anti-theft deterrent device based upon looks! You know I had to put that in there
    LOL. I was thinking it's more aerodynamic than most SUVs. It appears as if it should be.

Guys, lets get back on topic. (or change the topic label)
    If it is worth doing, it is worth OVER doing. - Mythbusters

Debunking Pseudoscience is fun!

Arctic White Roadster 2.5 #1200, S Sig Performance Vin# 227, HAM: KF5WDB

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Petefish View Post
    Guys, lets get back on topic. (or change the topic label)
    Split off on on it's own.

Fwiw, when I was younger and first saw one, I liked it. No one else agreed

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Fwiw, when I was younger and first saw one, I liked it. No one else agreed
    A few years ago my wife saw one and remarked on the look, saying that it's about as close to an SUV as she'd get.

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    Well, thanks to "Breaking Bad", the Aztek may have improved its popularity a bit.
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/modelx...891?size=small

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Delivered: Model S - VIN 3498: Performance, Black/Black/CF; Grey 21" rims; Pano; Tech; Sound studio; Parcel Shelf; Paint armor; Twin Chargers; HPWC;

Thread Information