Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planes and thangs!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
Actually yeah ... Cottonwood do you have the original high res image somewhere? I want to make that first one of yours my desktop background :smile:

Out in the SW with my 185 now; using an ICE for good effect. When I get back to the desktop with the full res version available, I will post it for all to use as desktops and wallpaper.

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 7.10.50 PM.png

Elon Musk has mentioned the possibility of a battery powered aircraft in the not-too-distant future. An electric jet engine would not be dependent on oxygen, as it's fuel powered counterpart is, making electric jet engines more efficient at altitude. According to Musk, the motor technology is already there. It's just a matter of reducing the mass and increasing the capacity of lithium power packs. When you think about it, a commercial jet carries quite a few pounds of fuel at takeoff. If a battery pack could be developed that has half the weight of that fuel and equivalent range, we could be there.

Last edited: