Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works on my machine. (iPad 3 w/ iOS6)

GSP

PS. Now, if I could just get an iPad YouTube app, with all of my favorites restored (they are now cryptically encoded in a new Safari bookmarks folder).

Just for the record, I still get this problem on both my iPhone and my iPad. Seems to only be on this site.

If you type for a while - painfully reopening the keyboard each stroke - it eventually starts working properly. Takes a random number of strokes from 1 to about 30. When it fixes itself the screen zooms in slightly. Not sure what is going on here...

Just tried Opera. I could type in the subject of a message with no problem, but I can't type AT ALL into the body of the message itself. Keyboard won't pop up.

I also tried another one called "Atomic Lite" that I must have loaded on my phone a long time ago and forgot about. It worked just fine.

Seems to be a Safari problem.

This happens sometimes to me when I'm on the iPad (iOS 5) and using Tapatalk. Can't type when trying to post, no keyboard shows up. Restarting Tapatalk solves it. Never quite understood when/why it happens.

Hi Doug, you are not nutty. I have also seen this problem intermittently. I have not established any pattern, and it also comes and goes for me. I mostly post from my MacBook, so I have not seen it that often. But it does seem to me I might have seem it on other web sites at times, but I am not sure. I will keep a look out and see if I can contribute any cause and effect or at least symptom patterns.

V