Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would a news article help?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    Where do you see that?
    Twitter / elonmusk: Tesla made 100 vehicle bodies ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon Musk
    Tesla made 100 vehicle bodies this week for the first time. Really proud of the team! Pic of S/N 396
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Signature 513
    Reservation holders are not some monolithic uniform group. Anyone reading the forums knows there are hundreds of different opinions being debated here. It is a mistake to assume that the OP speaks for the reservation holders. I, for example, do not share the OP's opinions on the issues cited.

Also to me this reads the service must be done by a Tesla Tech but it does not say that the owner must bring it in to have it done. Only that servicing by a non-Tesla tech will void the warranty.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Harney View Post
    Also to me this reads the service must be done by a Tesla Tech but it does not say that the owner must bring it in to have it done. Only that servicing by a non-Tesla tech will void the warranty.
    That's what GeorgeB said, but it's not what the warranty says. The text of the warranty controls, not a blog post or a message on a third-party forum. Read the text for yourself HERE. The relevant passage is:
    This New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any vehicle damage or
    malfunction directly or indirectly caused by, due to or resulting from normal
    wear or deterioration, abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, lack of or
    improper maintenance, operation, storage or transport, including, but not
    limited to, any of the following:
    • Failure to take the vehicle to a Tesla Service Center or Tesla
    authorized repair facility upon discovery of a defect covered by this
    New Vehicle Limited Warranty;
    • Any repair, alteration or modification of the vehicle, or the installation
    or use of fluids, parts or accessories, made by a person or facility not
    authorized or certified to do so;

Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12
    Quote Originally Posted by kroneal View Post
    Reservation holders are not some monolithic uniform group. Anyone reading the forums knows there are hundreds of different opinions being debated here. It is a mistake to assume that the OP speaks for the reservation holders. I, for example, do not share the OP's opinions on the issues cited.
    +1 right here. Not to mention that the participants on this forum are but a small minority subset of the reservation holders.

Additionally a news article would NOT help anything. If anything it would just damage Tesla's possibilities of succeeding, and I don't think anyone of us wants to see that. It's already been proven that Tesla reads our opinions on this forum. Having it plastered on a news site/paper would not do anything but damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    I didn't mean to imply 396 was the actual VIN, just that the frame has a VIN.....
    Wonder what parts have numbers that are matched to the VIN? Will collectors in the future want to blueprint these early cars?

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    You lost me on this one. Should I have said the frame has a VIN associated with it already, would that wording work better?
    What I got out of it was, "What are all the parts that have VIN number markings?". In an ICE car there are a number of parts marked with the VIN number so that they can be traced if the car is stolen and disassembled. Teslas don't have an ICE, but there may be other parts that are marked.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

S/N is a standard abbreviation for serial number, which is what I assume Elon was referring to. That would indicate the 396th body made. I would not assume that such a body would necessarily be a part of the vehicle with VIN 396. Some parts might not pass QA and would either be rejected outright or sent back to the line for correction. Plus, some parts will just be stockpiled, and frankly, it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter which of those goes into which car, assuming the parts are no longer being significantly tweaked. Most likely, every part has a serial number, so they can track defects and just manage inventory.

Also, from the Department of Redundancy Department, please don't say VIN number; just say VIN. VIN stands for Vehicle Identification Number.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm In Awe View Post
    Tesla, stop peddling your cars in Europe...
    Now what kind of remark is that? If Tesla want to stand any chance of selling 20.000 or more vehicles a year they damn well better care for other markets than just the US too.

And it's not that Tesla are doing much to promote the Model S here. They are trying to sell off the last Roadsters, but as far as the Model S is concerned, no info, no advertising, not even the store personnel can tell you anything specific.

So don't get worked up, we don't get any "amps" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinPowers View Post
    Now what kind of remark is that? If Tesla want to stand any chance of selling 20.000 or more vehicles a year they damn well better care for other markets than just the US too.

And it's not that Tesla are doing much to promote the Model S here. They are trying to sell off the last Roadsters, but as far as the Model S is concerned, no info, no advertising, not even the store personnel can tell you anything specific.

=So don't get worked up, we don't get any "amps" right now.
    +1. I was bored well before I got to this point, and when I got to the tiresome "peddling your cars in Europe"... I laughed and realised this was parochial nonsense. Bless and diddums, are you worried that the focus is being taken off the good ol' US of A and that awful incomprehensible Yerp is somehow "taking over"? I will add to AustinPowers comments and tell you this: there ain't ANY emphasis on Yerp regarding Model S, in fact Yerpeans are getting a little tired of the lack of information. So, Tesla IS almost 100% concentrating on the USA. Also, I would agree with the comment "Reservation holders are not some monolithic uniform group". Absoflaminlutely. You do not in any way speak for everyone!

Thread Information