Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Software/Firmware Updates

S Sig #371, X Prod #1143
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I have SOP v4.0 now. Very cool!

The only problem I have is that I now have the buzzing ambient lights when the night screen setting is less than 100%. Didn't have this problem pre-v4.0. Tesla have passed it on to engineering and a Ranger is dropping by on Sunday to hear for himself whether it's actually coming from the lights or the speakers. I can survivs with the ambient lights turned off for a couple of nights.
    Mine have been doing the same buzzing since delivery (had it for almost a month, so pre-4.0). Told it is faulty capacitors, its common, and that "Tesla is working on a fix." Just have had mine off since purchase, so haven't really noticed or missed it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhodesmd View Post
    Mine have been doing the same buzzing since delivery (had it for almost a month, so pre-4.0). Told it is faulty capacitors, its common, and that "Tesla is working on a fix." Just have had mine off since purchase, so haven't really noticed or missed it.
    That's good to hear, perhaps at the annual maintenance they'll be able to fix it...I really like the ambient lights but that buzz is annoying when I have the music quiet enough to hear it.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

So I can't hear this ambient light buzzing of which you speak. I sat in our car last night in the garage so it was dead silent. Car was in night mode, ambient lights on (these are the lights under the armrests and such right?). I adjusted the screen brightness from 100 to 50 and listened. Nothing. Down to like 25, still nothing. Down to 0, still nothing. Does the car need to be moving? Is there something else I can do to trigger it?
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    So I can't hear this ambient light buzzing of which you speak. I sat in our car last night in the garage so it was dead silent. Car was in night mode, ambient lights on (these are the lights under the armrests and such right?). I adjusted the screen brightness from 100 to 50 and listened. Nothing. Down to like 25, still nothing. Down to 0, still nothing. Does the car need to be moving? Is there something else I can do to trigger it?
    Consider yourself lucky?

My strong impression was that the sound was coming through the speaker system. Perhaps you need to have no music playing, but have the volume turned up somewhat (like 5-7 range)? So, for example, play something and pause it, then try the dance with the lights.

I heard it immediately. I promptly turned off ambient lighting.
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    I, too, have always had the media on when I heard it, but haven't tried w/media off so can't confirm that that is a factor.

The other thing I'd recommend is to try turning the ambient off, then back on, then off again...you'll hear it for sure.

Evan, Via Tapatalk
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Blog Entries
    Random comments went here: random-chitchat
    Last edited by NigelM; 12-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Still can't hear it. Just went out, started playing a song on Tune-in, hit pause, turned up to 6 volume. Ambient on, tried w/ brightness at 50, 25, 100. Ambient on and off. Then tried NPR at a 5 volume and still nothing. also tried w/ climate control off and on. My car literally rolled off the line a week ago so maybe they found something recently or does it just affect certain cars?
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Are current owners being auto updated? or getting a pop up asking them if they would like to update the firmware? My car has been auto-updating firmware and I would like to find out if it is possible to stop this from happening. 1.15.4 was rock solid for me and v4 has caused some functionality problems.

Page 52 seems broken (probably due to aggressive post rearranging + stale indexing again) so it might be a while before anyone sees this post but...

The walk-away door locking appears to have a longer range in v4.0 than previously. In v1.15.14, I knew exactly the distance in my parking garage at work where it would lock the vehicle -- to the point where it was a parlor trick to snap my fingers at the right moment while walking away.

The new distance appears to be at least twice as the pre 4.0 distance.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    The walk-away door locking appears to have a longer range in v4.0 than previously. In v1.15.14, I knew exactly the distance in my parking garage at work where it would lock the vehicle -- to the point where it was a parlor trick to snap my fingers at the right moment while walking away.

The new distance appears to be at least twice as the pre 4.0 distance.
    Are you sure it's the distance and not the time? I've had them recess when I'm right up next to it.
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Thread Information