Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Software/Firmware Updates

Model S Signature #405
    @cinergi - Thanks for the video. Great review of v.4 and helpful insight which will prepare us all for its release.

Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    Yes. A friend crashed the system today. Was on Nav mode, and he did some pinching and stuff then did some double-tap zooms.
    Sounds like a memory bug.
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/465...rlwhitebla.png
    Performance 85 | Pearl White | Solid Roof | Tan Leather | Carbon Fibre Trim | 21" Grey Wheels | No Spoiler | Tech Package | Parcel Shelf | Built Dec 2012 | Delivered Jan 2013
    Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    I'd rather have an over-the-air update from the manufacturer than have the dealer update it. The mechanics have no clue about firmware or software and will take short-cuts to get it over with faster because their salary and bonus depending on the number of cars per day. At least with over-the-air it's consistent. And I don't think for a minute that the quality of software is less. In fact, more frequent updates means each update is smaller so there is less chance of something going wrong. It's far easier to debug 100 lines of code than it is 100,000.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I have SOP v4.0 now. Very cool!

The only problem I have is that I now have the buzzing ambient lights when the night screen setting is less than 100%. Didn't have this problem pre-v4.0. Tesla have passed it on to engineering and a Ranger is dropping by on Sunday to hear for himself whether it's actually coming from the lights or the speakers. I can survivs with the ambient lights turned off for a couple of nights.
    Both my brother and I have this problem. Neither of us have v4.0. We notified our service tech a couple weeks ago, so I know Tesla is aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    @cinergi - Thanks for the video. Great review of v.4 and helpful insight which will prepare us all for its release.
    Cinergi - another epic, 25 minute instructional video. Awesome.

However, I noticed that my door handles are NOT self-extending, and that the voice commands are not working at all. Very frustrated. I called Tesla Service, and they reminded me that, well, I have not received my car yet and that I am still driving a 2001 Volvo with 192,000 miles. My bluetooth is not pairing either. Dunno.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    However, I noticed that my door handles are NOT self-extending, and that the voice commands are not working at all. Very frustrated. I called Tesla Service, and they reminded me that, well, I have not received my car yet and that I am still driving a 2001 Volvo with 192,000 miles. My bluetooth is not pairing either. Dunno.
    You made me spit my coffee. Fortunately I wasn't actually drinking any at the time.

Lol^^^^^^^^
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by models1079 View Post
    however, i noticed that my door handles are not self-extending, and that the voice commands are not working at all. Very frustrated. I called tesla service, and they reminded me that, well, i have not received my car yet and that i am still driving a 2001 volvo with 192,000 miles. My bluetooth is not pairing either. Dunno.
    lmfao!
    Tesla Model S Signature Performance delivered on 10/31/12
    Signature Red | White Leather | Carbon Fiber | Panoramic Roof | 21" Grey Wheels| Rear Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    Cinergi - another epic, 25 minute instructional video. Awesome.

Hilarious! Might be my favorite post on this forum to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    *sigh*. I've directly worked on life critical systems and know the elements involved. The zealous rejection of the value of independent oversight makes me sad. Even if Tesla is a paragon of virtue, other's won't be. The whole free market approach involving "reputation" and such is reactionary, it happens after people die.

Such unrestricted updates concern me as this is something that will only grow across all vendors. If it doesn't concern someone else, I understand even if I don't agree.
    +1. I've not dealt with software that could kill anyone (I did have a developer have a stroke during a scrum once, however), but independent QA is truly the way to go. For all we know this does happen, and it is just not talked about by Tesla. Perhaps they could put out a blog post on how they test, and what graceful fail and emergency kill systems are in place?
    85kWh, green exterior, pano roof, 19" wheels, tan leather, obeche matte, tech package. Was reservation 457, got the 390th production car on December 12, 2012
    Weston, CT

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    ModelS1079, you might just be the funniest happy-go-lucky member on these forums! Thanks for that
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Thread Information