Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#690 - Yellow - Redmond, WA [ No longer for sale ]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Tesla : Roadster Base in Tesla | eBay Motors

$T2eC16dHJFoE9nh6piqmBQWiy7rukg~~60_12.JPG

(Hi Chad...)

Guessing this is another 'switching to a Model S' scenario.

Last edited:
Hi TEG. Yeah, the plan from the start was to drive the Roadster until the Model S was available (in fact buying the Roadster was just to help keep Tesla solvent so they could build the Model S). Although frankly I have become fond of the Roadster, and would enjoy keeping it. And probably will.

So this is a "covering my bases" scenario. In addition to the Roadster, I have a RAV4-EV and a PHEV Prius that my son is leasing; the Model S just makes too many cars so I have to sell something. My RAV4-EV is also for sale, and I suspect that is the one that will go but I put the Roadster up for sale in case I have trouble finding a buyer for the RAV4-EV. Most people in Seattle don't know Toyota ever made an electric car, so they aren't exactly looking for one to buy...

The RAV4 is no where near as fun as the Roadster, but I work from home and most of our driving will be in the Model S. Plus I still really enjoy driving the RAV4, so I'll be OK (sigh) if it's the Roadster that sells. A bonus will be having an old EV around for people that ask about reliability. And having a non-Tesla around for people that ask about maintenance costs. :eek: Man, I wish I could just keep one of everything.