Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU production starts for left driving countries first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I just read this (for the first time) on the Ducth part of the Tesla site. You can find it under Model S, FAQ:

Q: When will the production of the Model S start?
A: De European production for countries that drive left will start according to planning the end of 2012 of begin 2013.

Now, of course this can be layed out two ways: either the production for the right driving EU countries starts earlier (must have started already then) or they start with the UK/Ireland first.

Anyone an idea how to interpret this?

Best, Wiebe

Now, of course this can be layed out two ways: either the production for the right driving EU countries starts earlier (must have started already then) or they start with the UK/Ireland first.

I think the information in the FAQ section is outdated. In March 11, GeorgeB announced delivery for the left hand drive EU-version of the Model S for "late 2012". Now Tesla estimating Q1/2013 for the first delivery to Europe, so I think the right hand drive version of the Model S will shift so mid or end if 2013. Maybe we should make Tesla aware of this... ?

When I went to the Palo Alto Get Amped event in August, I was told by the Australian sales manager that Right hand drive production will start around July 2013.
Since then the ramp up process may well have changed things, but I would guess it would only be to delay the RHD start date.
I'm not expecting my (Australia) P26 Model S before September 2013, possibly later.
I'm betting Europe will get their cars before UK, and my money is on Norway getting the first Model S in Europe.