Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    Them "Hey what kind of car is that?"
    Me "It's a Tesla"
    Them "Who makes it?"
    Me "TESLA"
    You aren't kidding. I have lost count of the number of times I've had this one now. Maybe we should answer "Tesla Model S"... that might short circuit the script.

Rdstr254->725->MS1364 HUN DrTaras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTaras View Post
    I will post more pix soon!
    Sunrise on a new green future leading to less dependence on foreign oil (& governments)!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121208-NewGen-Smaller.jpg 
Views:	1546 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	12611
    Over 150,000 page views of "The Hun!" Model S Xformation before there were any!

Quote Originally Posted by napabill View Post
    Drove from Napa to the Folsom Supercharger today. Trying to be the first brown MS to use it. In any event, no problem. Added about 50 miles in 10 or 15 minutes. Wanted to try the Supercharger first hand before my big 900 mile trip at the end of the month.
    Sorry, NapaBill. I used the Folsom Supercharger almost two weeks ago. Not the SAME brown, but brown.

Name:  Folsom SC cr sm.JPG
Views: 1171
Size:  118.4 KB

Roblab: I was actually at the factory this morning and talked with Neil who told me a bit about your "custom" color Sig. I modify my claim as first GP Sycamore Brown. Love the car, in any case!

I had quite an interesting day. My car wouldn't go faster than 10 and I was stranded somewhere by a freeway so I couldn't hop back on. I called and set up a tow and then after about 20 minutes of phone calls and waiting tesla service called me and told me to power off 3 times to fix it. The tow truck guys came in two cars anyway to see my we car because they had never seen a tesla before. Glad I didn't have to risk them taking it to Menlo park! Apparently I am two updates behind and I need to wait for the 4.0 fix for this reduced speed glitch...
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    I had quite an interesting day. My car wouldn't go faster than 10 and I was stranded somewhere by a freeway so I couldn't hop back on. I called and set up a tow and then after about 20 minutes of phone calls and waiting tesla service called me and told me to power off 3 times to fix it. The tow truck guys came in two cars anyway to see my we car because they had never seen a tesla before. Glad I didn't have to risk them taking it to Menlo park! Apparently I am two updates behind and I need to wait for the 4.0 fix for this reduced speed glitch...
    If you are provided any more info on this glitch, it would be great to add it to the updates wiki for future reference.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    ...this reduced speed glitch...
    I got yelled by numerous people about wanting bureaucracy, not supporting the free market and such, but I'll reiterate my concern with Tesla (or any company) changing core driving elements without strenuous independent review. In this case the bug is in an older release, but can you envision the political carnage that happens to Tesla when another such bug goes out with 30,000 cars on the road...

Basically I drove somewhere and parked. Then I hopped back in and the car said "reduced speed. Call service". When I tried to drive I full throttled it, but I never went over maybe 15 tops. The quick fix is to select settings and then power off the car. Then wait one minute and do it again 3 times. Then put foot on break and it fixes it. The real fix is the silent update they did between 3 and 4, but I still don't have that one.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Sorry to hear that, but glad it worked out. I don't think my wife would let us take the car anywhere else if that happened to us. She's already got range anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but glad it worked out. I don't think my wife would let us take the car anywhere else if that happened to us. She's already got range anxiety.
    Yea, it's the kind of thing that will rattle faith in the car because it's not something tangible. You can't point to an item and say "that was broken and is now replaced, thus I can feel confident in the car's function." Early adopters are forgiving and perhaps extra literate in the way the car works and is updated, but that won't be the case once Tesla starts shipping to folks that "saw it in the mall" or "got a ride from my neighbor."

Thread Information