Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 1,401 to 1,408 of 1408

Thread: Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by brucet999 View Post
    What does CHAdeMO cost to use?
    $10 CAD (around $8 USD) per hour of charge (billed to the minute)
    85D owner since March 20th 2015. Vin #698xx
    Pearl White | Obeche Matte | Gray w/Black Alcantara | Tech w/air | Sound | Pano | Dual Charger | Winter package

CHAdeMO adapter is a $450 option. What is it about CHAdeMO stations that makes it worth it for you?
    It is also fairly useful for destination charging.
    My brother lives 550 miles away which is easy to get to with the supercharging network
    but when I want to come home CHAdeMO is the fastest charge I can get in his city.
    (Note: the last time I visited was just before the charger was available, I'll be borrowing
    a charger the next time I go to visit).
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum.
    My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    VIN 2415 - Blue 85kWh Model S / pano | VIN 48714 - Red 85kWh Model S / pano / tech

Ah, now it makes sense. We have a denser SC build-out here in CA. What does CHAdeMO cost to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by llavalle View Post
    $10 CAD (around $8 USD) per hour of charge (billed to the minute)
    Out here in BC, the Chademo sites were free during the "pilot" period. I think that has expired now and they have started charging $0.35/kWh. Personally, I find that a bit pricey ... an 80 kWh full charge would be 28 bucks! But given the limited charging available outside of the Greater Vancouver area, it could be helpful for quick top-ups to get to the next supercharger or destination. For example, driving from Vancouver to Kelowna, BC, I would stop at Hope supercharger, but with cold weather and serious mountain driving, the finish to Kelowna could be dicey. A stop at the Chademo site in Merritt to add 10 or 20 kWh to the battery would give me the insurance and peace of mind to make it over the big mountain pass to Kelowna. At least until Tesla installs that Merritt supercharger that's showing on their 2015 map!!

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by KenN View Post
    Out here in BC, the Chademo sites were free during the "pilot" period. I think that has expired now and they have started charging $0.35/kWh.
    As of 2 weeks ago they were still free. I used the Chademo chargers in Sechelt and Surrey and they were free. I expect them to continue to be until legislation is changed. In BC one can't charge for power currently, but one can charge for parking. The Chademo's in BC are all set up on free parking places as near as I can tell, at least for now.

If they ever do impose the $0.35/kWH then I think the chargers will get very little use. When I talked to the guys at Powertech labs, while using the Surrey Chademo, I told them this and at that point they were not sure where the pricing plan was going.

Sorry for drifting off topic.
    Last edited by Morristhecat; 2015-03-26 at 10:01 AM.
    -------------------
    S60, Blue with Black roof, Matte Obeche, Black Leather, Tech Pkg, Supercharger Hardware, Dual Chargers, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels. Canadian Reservation P353, V63XX. Delivery Mar 20 2013.
    -------------------

Just completed the delivery of my P85D....sadly was only able to drive it 7 miles as I had to get back to work to pay for it.

Initial impressions where that the car is really tight...more so than many new cars from legacy auto manufacturers.

Will take a bit to get used to the regen to smooth out the driving.

Quote Originally Posted by L39Jet View Post
    Will take a bit to get used to the regen to smooth out the driving.
    I've only had my car since last friday (less than a week) and I'm already used to the regen. Don't worry, you'll get it fast!

Congrat!
    85D owner since March 20th 2015. Vin #698xx
    Pearl White | Obeche Matte | Gray w/Black Alcantara | Tech w/air | Sound | Pano | Dual Charger | Winter package

Quote Originally Posted by llavalle View Post
    Don't worry, you'll get it fast!
    In fact, you'll start to rely on it. Then, you'll drive an ICE and it'll feel almost as if it is accelerating under you when you let off of the pedal. I am a proponent for heavier/stronger regen. You'll love it.
    MS Owner/MX Res Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohmman View Post
    In fact, you'll start to rely on it. Then, you'll drive an ICE and it'll feel almost as if it is accelerating under you when you let off of the pedal. I am a proponent for heavier/stronger regen. You'll love it.
    Yep. One pedal driving is where it's at!
    P85 | White/Tan Leather | Matte Obeche | Pano | Air | Tech | 21" Silver
    CF Spoiler | Sound | Premium Interior Lighting | Fog Lamps | Parcel Shelf
    Alcantara Headliner | Warp Drive

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141

Thread Information