Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139
Results 1,381 to 1,384 of 1384

Thread: Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

Made me grin just to read about your grinning.

As I noted in the 6.1 firmware thread, all the subtle (and not so subtle!) changes Tesla has implemented between my early Sig S85 and the P85D add up to a very different, if familiar (in the sense of 'family') driving experience: performance, handling, ride, brakes, cabin sounds and regen have all been upgraded. It's like a whole new car! Oh, wait...

But it I do wonder why they implemented such a 'soft' onset ramp for regen braking in the D. My one-foot timing is way off when I switch from one to the other.
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

There is a 0% chance I'm letting my kids drive this thing as teenagers, for multiple reasons!

@stevezzzz - interesting. On my end, I haven't noticed any difference at all in the regen. I didn't even know they had adjusted it for the D.

Quote Originally Posted by clmazin View Post
    There is a 0% chance I'm letting my kids drive this thing as teenagers, for multiple reasons!

@stevezzzz - interesting. On my end, I haven't noticed any difference at all in the regen. I didn't even know they had adjusted it for the D.
    So that brings up the $64 question: is the regen profile different for the D? Have other people seen the slow onset ramp that I'm experiencing?

Actually, I know the answer to the first question: Yes, the D's regen profile is different, because it often goes higher than 60kW of regen. I haven't seen anyone else confirm the slow onset ramp, though.
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by clmazin View Post
    Traded in my S85 today for a shiny new P85D.
    .... The Insane effect isn't there if you're already at speed, but if you're below 20 MPH and you stomp the accelerator, you will be experiencing very real g-forces. My brain got tingly, and adrenaline was released. And then I eased off the accelerator and started laughing.

Just a crazy laugh. Let's call it an Insane Laugh.
    Congrats on your new arrival. The experience seems to only get better with time. Did another 3 test drives this weekend to some newfound friends. One referred to the fact that their Cayenne was "positively tame"

Quote Originally Posted by stevezzzz View Post
    But it I do wonder why they implemented such a 'soft' onset ramp for regen braking in the D. My one-foot timing is way off when I switch from one to the other.
    I have significant less experience, having only relied on driving other S', though I believe that the p85d onset of regen appears slower to ramp. I thought this was because of the front motor use, ie focused more on front motor, rather than rear, to start and then ramps to rear motor more. The smaller from motor having less regen capability... Either way, I prefer it now.

Thread Information