Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quoting is not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Right now I can't quote anyone's post. I use Firefox but I also checked IE.

Also got a message asking me if I wanted to "Leave Page" or not when I had clicked the Submit button! I copied the text to make sure I wouldn't use it, but it did submit okay.

Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

And on the neighboring thread http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10225-Lost-post-due-to-login-timeout-and-other-problems?p=187900&viewfull=1#post187900 I got the Leave Page dialog box, which I proceeded it posted my message with an --- Updated --- thing and my message contents duplicated.

- - - Updated - - -

And on the neighboring thread http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10225-Lost-post-due-to-login-timeout-and-other-problems?p=187900&viewfull=1#post187900 I got the Leave Page dialog box, which I proceeded it posted my message with an --- Updated --- thing and my message contents duplicated.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG this is getting self-referential. Something is wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG this is getting self-referential. Something is wrong!

I see posting errors and duplicate posts when the server is "down" like we've seen several times in the past couple weeks.. I forget which mod mentioned it, but it was during maintenance/messing with server settings.. where the main pages would load but none of the forum posts would load.

I personally experienced it -- when I clicked Post Quick Reply, I got a pop-up error. I suspected that's what was going on, so I did not post again. When service returned, I found my post DID make it. I suspect people getting the errors are clicking the button multiple times -- getting errors each time, but the post IS getting recorded (hence the duplicates).

I personally experienced it -- when I clicked Post Quick Reply, I got a pop-up error. I suspected that's what was going on, so I did not post again. When service returned, I found my post DID make it. I suspect people getting the errors are clicking the button multiple times -- getting errors each time, but the post IS getting recorded (hence the duplicates).

I am pretty sure that the error is not between the keyboard and the chair and that when it happened to me (more than once) I only clicked the reply with quote one time. The quote was not copied to the editing window and the doubling of the post only showed up after posting.

I am pretty sure that the error is not between the keyboard and the chair and that when it happened to me (more than once) I only clicked the reply with quote one time. The quote was not copied to the editing window and the doubling of the post only showed up after posting.

May be two different issues. What I saw and have seen for dupe posts is around submitting the reply itself, not clicking the initial reply with quote that opens the editor.

May be two different issues. What I saw and have seen for dupe posts is around submitting the reply itself, not clicking the initial reply with quote that opens the editor.

am pretty sure that the post quick reply button was also clicked only once ... i think that by the time the editor is opened the bug has already been activated as evidenced by the lack of auto-quoting support (which is working fine now and is no longer creating dupe posts). I believe that the dupe posts is a side effect of the bug and it is probably related to the auto merge functionality.