Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Production Rate (incl manufacturing waves)

P85 S791, PWt/Wt/CF trim joefee's Avatar

Production Rate (incl manufacturing waves)

Musk 9/13/12 "we will make 80 cars this week" 3:10 min mark

CEO: Tsunami of Hurt Coming for Those Shorting Tesla...

Wow ! ! !
    You may quote my posts with proper acknowledgment. I trade the TSLA/SCTY range so I may add or decrease my shares at any time without prior notice. Anything I say should not be your sole basis for making trading decisions. Please educate yourself, do your own research and trade responsibly!

CDN P#40
    They are coming ...

Elon Musk just tweeted :
    "Tesla made 100 vehicle bodies this week for the first time. Really proud of the team! Pic of S/N 396: pic.twitter.com/fZzbUIjn"

The way that's worded, I guess they made 100 chassis, but I guess still only finished about 80ish cars?

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    The way that's worded, I guess they made 100 chassis, but I guess still only finished about 80ish cars?
    That's the way I took it - 100 frames made. The number painted, assembled, and delivered are probably all different as well.

Blog Entries
    Also interesting that they have produced at least 396 skateboards in total. Did someone say 500 in Q3...?

Model S5,651, Model X109
    It would appear as though they've entered the steep part of the S-curve? If the current trend (doubling production every week) continues, they'll be at 1600 cars/week in 4 weeks.

This is excellent news.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    To clarify, the way I read the tweet was that they made 100 chassis in one week for the first time. They'd better have made way more than 100 of these in total by now! Not sure what the time lag would be from chassis to completed car, but I'd expect that these are for cars further back in the queue, and that they've probably already made a few hundred of these in the aggregate since June, but never 100 in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    It would appear as though they've entered the steep part of the S-curve? If the current trend (doubling production every week) continues, they'll be at 1600 cars/week in 4 weeks.

This is excellent news.
    Don't think they anticipate 1600/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    To clarify, the way I read the tweet was that they made 100 chassis in one week for the first time. They'd better have made way more than 100 of these in total by now! Not sure what the time lag would be from chassis to completed car, but I'd expect that these are for cars further back in the queue, and that they've probably already made a few hundred of these in the aggregate since June, but never 100 in one week.
    I thought AO meant they completed 80 finished units this week (full assembly).

100 frames in one week working 7 days and 2 shifts works out to about 7-8 frames/shift. Hope the process can be tuned in a little better to do the doubling everyone is talking about in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post

This is excellent news.
    That would be an annual rate of 83,000 cars per year. Yeah, I hope Tesla doesn't hit that, or they really WILL be demand limited instead of supply limited....and quickly!
    P85 VIN55228. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 20" Avant Garde M310s (Matte Black), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

Thread Information