Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Owners in New York City

Tesla Owners in New York City

Hi, other than myself, are there any Tesla owners in NYC? Let's form a group, get together, support each other, and share info.

For starters, I have an S, and have reserved an X. I live in Hell's Kitchen, and am trying to work out charging solutions with my building (They are so unbelievably stubborn and difficult); I live at Mercedes House.

Where do you all charge?

Cheers,

Mark

We need a "Metro NY Tesla Club" there is a black Roadster in northern Bergen County close to the city and a Dr. in Ridgewood NJ has a red Roadster. With Paramus getting a store soon there will obviously be more around.

Road Rally this Sunday October 7 at 9 am! Meet at West Point Museum Parking Lot!

Let's have a Road Rally this Sunday!

The leaves are changing and the Hudson Highlands are gorgeous!

We'll meet at 9 am Sunday October 7 at the West Point Museum Parking lot (you'll know us by the mobs of Asian tourists in buses refusing to go into the museum, and instead photographing the Roadsters!

(Rain cancels!!! We'll pick another Sunday if the weather isn't nice.)

Then: up 218 (it is beautiful), back down, up to the top of the Bear Mountain, then crusing down-- recharging all the way!!!--then over the Bear Mountain Bridge-- maybe stop at the scenic overlook--
    then we'll end at at my house in Montrose New York--
    long driveway, but my Tesla does it everyday--
    have lunch, catch up about Teslas, and anyone who needs to charge can play tennis or hit golf balls while charging on my 220.

What do you need to participate:
    1. A Tesla Roadster (or an S!) or an equally hot electric car (is there one?)
    2. Yourself & a passenger if you want
    3. R.S.V.P. to me so I have some idea of who we are meeting!

What will I provide? A simple lunch (sandwiches & soda) and a charging station!

Questions? Send me an e-mail at annesumers@gmail.com.

Photos from last year: Update Your Browser | Facebook
    Vin #1316! Send me a PM if you are interested in road rallies in New York/Ct/NJ/Pa!
    Like us on Facebook! Go ahead and click-- it is NOT incompatible!! Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Seegem: Just came across this website Electric vehicle EV charging service chargepointCarCharging | Convenient EV Charging Services maybe getting them involved might help as you can request a charger location.

Seegem - several charging locations shown on http://www.plugshare.com/. Nearest one appears to be in parking lot at 500 W 56th St...says to ask valet for details. Please confirm for others if you check it out.

Hello,

I'm reporting a story for National Public Radio and am trying to speak with Tesla owners, ideally in the New York area, about their buying experience. If you are interested in speaking with me, please send me an email: stan (dot) alcorn (at) gmail (dot) com. I'm looking to speak with someone by mid-next week (approximately the end of October).

Thank you,
    Stan Alcorn

Sailing a Tesla

New Yorkers,
    My son and I are heading out on our first real Model S road trip in a couple of weeks - I am arriving with my son in NYC for our first stop. I used to race J-24's out of Manhattan Yacht Club - 20 years ago! My son has asked if I could get us out there. I'd love to do that. Anyone have a connection I could contact? I have sailed all my life and while happy to captain a boat (and sign my life away to do so), my 14-year-old son and I would also be happy to Crew.
    Crazy question, I know! Maybe since I saw a Model S arrive in my driveway four months ago I think anything is possible...

Hi,

I'm a member of MSC, and I'd be happy to host you. We have J-24's and J-105's and a few Benetau First 40s. PM me and we can take it from there?

Cheers,

Mark

\
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    New Yorkers,
    My son and I are heading out on our first real Model S road trip in a couple of weeks - I am arriving with my son in NYC for our first stop. I used to race J-24's out of Manhattan Yacht Club - 20 years ago! My son has asked if I could get us out there. I'd love to do that. Anyone have a connection I could contact? I have sailed all my life and while happy to captain a boat (and sign my life away to do so), my 14-year-old son and I would also be happy to Crew.
    Crazy question, I know! Maybe since I saw a Model S arrive in my driveway four months ago I think anything is possible...
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/models...ime=1361469600

P85: #05431 : White Solid : All Glass Pano Roof : Carbon Fiber Spoiler : 21" Grey Wheels : Black Performance Interior : Carbon Fiber Décor : Tech Package : Sound Studio Package : Active Air Suspension : Paint Armor : Supercharging

Will NY represent?

Where...? I did at Bear Mountain today Lots of lookers & questioners. Made a great impression

Quote Originally Posted by TESLIVE View Post
    Will NY represent?
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/models...ime=1361469600

P85: #05431 : White Solid : All Glass Pano Roof : Carbon Fiber Spoiler : 21" Grey Wheels : Black Performance Interior : Carbon Fiber Décor : Tech Package : Sound Studio Package : Active Air Suspension : Paint Armor : Supercharging

Thread Information