Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla May Need To Slow Down Electric Vehicle Production"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/17/investing/tesla-musk/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_latest+%28Latest+News%29

This article is pointless, full of factual errors, and almost entirely based on incorrect information...but I'll pass it along anyway.

I think that Tesla is a young company but with very good ideas on electric cars because of all the research work that has done on this subject. Maybe that Tesla will need some time to get experience in building electric cars because one thing is research and another thing is production but eventually Tesla will certainly be successfull.

Still lots of negativity in the comments. We've got a long way to good. The good news is that means that we've got lots of time to accumulate shares as well.

These people have their short-sighted agenda and their only goal in life is to rant, all day long, on every website they can find. No use arguing with them, because reason and truth are concepts unknown to them. Better to ignore them. Or to not even read the comment sections anymore. I stopped and it gives me peace of mind.

Elon doesn't need to inspect every car himself. He can train and test others to do that until he trusts them to do it right. I don't have any doubt that he can continue the ramp up successfully.

How hard can it be to find a few out of work (or job-shopping) OCD anal-retentive quality control inspectors in California with experience in automotive factories? :confused:

After a few days looking over Elon's shoulder, they should know good from bad for every point of inspection to meet the same tolerance levels Elon sets for current vehicles to pass muster.

I think that the true point is that in many persons there is an unconscious suspect about electric cars. They simply think that an electric car cannot compare to a ordinary gas car for efficiency, beauty, range and so on. On the contrary Tesla has demonstrated that electric cars can even be better than ordinary gas cars. But for some people this is very difficult to realize.

The article has virtually no actual information. It's just some Joe Blow's opinion that Tesla cannot ramp up production as fast as Elon Musk thinks they can.

On the one side, the guy who built PayPal and sold it for a bundle, then built the companies that produced the Roadster and sent a space capsule to the International Space Station, and on the other side, some hack financial "analyst," who lacks the ability to build and run a company of his own, and so makes a living giving other people advice.

Who you gonna trust?

As I've said elsewhere, Tesla has losses on the books because they've invested a bucketload of money into R&D and building plant, and are still in the start-up stage of production of the S, making sure the assembly line runs smoothly. The average company takes five years to break even, and another five to produce enough profits to support the owners. And of course the "news" nowadays is about sensationalism and demagoguery. Actual information has no place any more.

But some people think a car has to run on fossil fuel. So Tesla seems Quixotic to them and they cannot believe it can succeed.

Seems as though Elon has hired the right people to ramp this quickly in my view. They are foregoing the usually slow initial iteration phases of early production and he's bearing the burden. Very unsustainable, but it seems to be working.

SpaceX is another example and it is truly a sight to behold.

And unfortunately, a CEO of a consulting company that is paid to give advise.

Consulting companies always give the client what they ask for whether it's in their best interest or not. That is, the first thing they do is find out what the client wants the recommendation to be. Of course, that's not what they say, but that's what is actually done. Consulting companies that don't tell the client what the client wants to hear don't last very long.

Consulting companies always give the client what they ask for whether it's in their best interest or not. That is, the first thing they do is find out what the client wants the recommendation to be. Of course, that's not what they say, but that's what is actually done. Consulting companies that don't tell the client what the client wants to hear don't last very long.

Very wise. You could put that last line with an exclamation point. !!

.... No use arguing with them, because reason and truth are concepts unknown to them. Better to ignore them.....

I disagree. There are many people who are undecided on an issue and read into the comments for "another perspective" If knowledgeable people like us don't speak up then the ranters win.

Fortunately in the past few years it has gotten easier as Leaf, Volt and now more Tesla owners/followers are out on the interwebs to step up and set the record straight.