Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation

This may be silly, but I've had a ridiculous good time voting up all the good posts (along with a small percentage of down votes). I like being able to give a little positive incentive. My only regret is we have a few really stellar (above and beyond the call of duty) posters and I can only give so many thumbs ups in a given time period to an individual

Even if we never do anything else with it, I like the feature.

This feature is not very helpful in my opinion. Most of these vBulletin boards have the "like" comment or the "thanks" comment. The reputation function allows one to leave potentially nasty and cowardly comments. As if being anonymous on any bulletin board wasn't bad enough, now even the anonymous can leave negative comments anonymously.

My thought: come out and say it -- good or bad.

BTW (and off topic), I do like the new scheme and Model S forum subdivisions. So, I'd give whomever (doug?) the "thumbs up" or "like" for those moves!

EDIT: I suppose that I couldn't possibly be off topic in the Off Topic subforum.
    Last edited by kevincwelch; 2012-09-20 at 08:16 PM. Reason: comment
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

There needs to be an achievement for positive and negative reputation points for the same post.

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    There needs to be an achievement for positive and negative reputation points for the same post.
    Call it, The Polarizer.

I got some message that I had some reputation thingy or something in my notifications. have no idea where it is. not really sure what to make of it. guess I should campaign.

Blog Entries
    If someone votes down ckessel's posting above, he will achieve that which he has suggested. I voted him up.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    If someone votes down ckessel's posting above, he will achieve that which he has suggested. I voted him up.
    I've already got it for a different post. That's what prompted my post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    I got some message that I had some reputation thingy or something in my notifications. have no idea where it is. not really sure what to make of it. guess I should campaign.
    Look under "settings", top right hand corner of the page.

I just became aware of reputation points, getting what I think is my first one. Says it has a value of 19 points. Is that 19 people liking the post, or one person somehow able to modify how many points they award for that post. And the little green thingy box. How many points to get more than one box? Saw one person with two. But seems like everyone has at least one.

If I would just receive my S I'd get a life and stop worrying about this stuff.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by napabill View Post
    If I would just receive my S I'd get a life and stop worrying about this stuff.
    Sounds like a plan.

My question is how many reputations do you have to give before you can give a second one to the same person. Seems like it might be 100. (This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, but, you know...)
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Thread Information