Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Verify your "MY TESLA, PROFILE" information is correct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
I've never clicked the Profile button under My Tesla before. It never occurred to me that I had any reason to do so.

Amidst the various "I've got a delivery date!" emails, I'm starting to make sure things are ready. Like finding an electrician, making sure Tesla has my cell # instead of my (solicitor) land line, etc.

In that light, I happened to check the PROFILE information under MY TESLA and it had the wrong phone number (and some other things incorrect). I've corrected the information, and also contacted Tesla because the data it was showing looked like an IT/Operations database corruption situation.

My main point:
Make sure your profile data is correct, since it's more difficult for them to contact you if they have the wrong phone number and/or e-mail address. ;)

Last edited:
From a technical perspective, it's compelling. Personally, I find it a little scary when involving such large $ and the emotional attachment that has developed around a Model S reservation. [The latter meaning that I'm somewhat less worried that I can't get my money back if something goes sideways, but that a foiled reservation may not be as easily recoverable.]

Sidenote:
I also sent an e-mail to my two most frequent Tesla contacts containing both the old (incorrect) and new (correct) information for two reasons: (1) to have a more formal record of the change rather than just a 'loose' website update and (2) so that they have the old data available for debugging/analysis purposes if needed.

From a technical perspective, it's compelling. Personally, I find it a little scary when involving such large $ and the emotional attachment that has developed around a Model S reservation. [The latter meaning that I'm somewhat less worried that I can't get my money back if something goes sideways, but that a foiled reservation may not be as easily recoverable.]

Sidenote:
I also sent an e-mail to my two most frequent Tesla contacts containing both the old (incorrect) and new (correct) information for two reasons: (1) to have a more formal record of the change rather than just a 'loose' website update and (2) so that they have the old data available for debugging/analysis purposes if needed.
What they could do it send you a copy of the change to your old e-mail address (if you change it).

This way you will always be notified if somebody would get access to your My Tesla account and you also have some kind of proof of the change.

We do this with our customers who change their details with us.

What they could do it send you a copy of the change to your old e-mail address (if you change it).

This way you will always be notified if somebody would get access to your My Tesla account and you also have some kind of proof of the change.

We do this with our customers who change their details with us.

That is what most places that you have financial dealings do as well. In my opinion, that's just part of being professional. However, based on the the way the TM website is maintained, I don't think anyone can use the term professional--at least not when they are sober.

Just logged in. There is also a password

The problem is that if someone should happen to spoof your password or bypass site security (which is more likely), and change your information, it would be nice to be notified that something changed. Even a generic, "There has been a change to your profile recently. If you are not aware of making any recent changes, please contact..." would be fine. If the email address has been changed, then the notification should go to the original email address (if it was a legitimate change, it would like bounce, of course) but a non-legitimate change would succeed.