Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the outdoor Tesla S cover today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The outdoor Model S car cover has gone on sale, so I bought one today. I don't have a garage so this will be an essential accessory. I've had an outdoor cover for my Honda S2000. The S2000 is ten years old but the finish looks brand new.

As I'm 8,871 in the reservation line, I likely won't see my car until the spring at best. So this is the closest I'll get -- bought in total anticipation. It has to be one of the coolest car covers I've seen, as it signals that the vehicle it protects must be something special.

Based on the description, the Tesla cover seems to be state of the art, with ventilation in the front wheels and grille for battery charging and a velcro attached flap for the charging port. Once it's delivered I'll follow up with a post on may evaluation of its quality.

4_large.jpg

5_grande.jpg

1_grande.jpg

2_grande.jpg

6_grande.jpg

3_grande.jpg

Bonnie pointed these out to me in another thread. I didn't actually get one :)redface: sorry Bonnie, sorry doggies) but they look REALLY nice. And they do custom so a Model S one shouldn't be hard. I'll most likely be getting one.

I swear by this liner Cargo liners | Trunk liners - it protects the sides, as well as the floor. And there is a nonslip section that lays on the top of the liner (think yoga mat-like), so my three pups don't slide around in the back of my ICE.

When I know the dimensions of the X, I'll get one custom made, if they don't have one with similar dimensions already

You can have one made to deal with folding seats. It's in two sections, so when I put the seats up, the section up against the front seats just slides over the back section, and then rests against the second row when flipped up. Simple and effective. Best liner I've had.

The outdoor Model S car cover has gone on sale, so I bought one today. I don't have a garage so this will be an essential accessory. I've had an outdoor cover for my Honda S2000. The S2000 is ten years old but the finish looks brand new.

As I'm 8,871 in the reservation line, I likely won't see my car until the spring at best. So this is the closest I'll get -- bought in total anticipation. It has to be one of the coolest car covers I've seen, as it signals that the vehicle it protects must be something special.

Based on the description, the Tesla cover seems to be state of the art, with ventilation in the front wheels and grille for battery charging and a velcro attached flap for the charging port. Once it's delivered I'll follow up with a post on may evaluation of its quality.
]

I thought I might be the only one crazy enough to order a Model S without a garage. Especially since it is fully loaded :) Just ordered this cover.

P210

There are at least three of us, then!

You gotta to what you gotta do.

I haven't had a garage for at least 15 years and I don't miss one bit the junk pile that goes with it. My last one was a two car affair with barely enough room amidst the junk for one car.

As I noted in original post, the finish on my 11-year old Honda S2000, which has been under a Weathershield cover when not being driven since day one, looks better than any garage queen I've ever seen. In fact it looks like it just came off the boat from Japan.

Outdoor cover arrived today -- it's super high quality

The Model S outdoor cover arrived today. It comes packed in a nice zippered black nylon carrying bag with two handles.

The quality of the cover itself is outstanding. I've had 3 or 4 outdoor covers over the last decade for other cars and this one is clearly superior: thicker, a tighter weave, and a soft white inner liner. The Tesla logo on the front and the Tesla Model S on the back are high quality black appliqués that should hold up very well.

Now all I need is the Model S to put it on. The wait will be hard to bear.