Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to buy a fake Ferrari?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what law they were breaking such that the Police felt obliged to confiscate the cars?

When I was shopping in Hong Kong I saw lots of fake products.
Sometimes they change the name/logo slightly perhaps to avoid trademark issues.

If they labeled it as a "Ferari" rather than "Ferrari" maybe they could have stayed in business?

Italian Tax Police Bust Up Fake-Ferrari Ring - WSJ.com
OB-BC023_ferrar_20080227154103.jpg

OB-BC025_ferrar_20080227154836.jpg

It seems the EU made a press release saying that fake Ferraris were coming from China, but apparently later they apologized for making a fuss about it because the car turned out to be a kit car imported from the UK.
186303.jpg

2974305d.jpg

A fake story with real moral value
Frattini finds fake Ferrari - Telegraph
Fake Ferrari From China: The Chen-Zo?
Fake Ferrari produced in China | Video | Reuters.com
Fake Chinese Ferrari !
In Cina copiano anche le Ferrari Sequestrata una rara 330 P4 - Motori - Repubblica.it
Å·Ã˹ÙԱչʾÕÕƬָ¿Ø£ºÖйú³öÏÖ¼Ù·¨À­Àû£¨Í¼£© 6park.com

I wonder what law they were breaking such that the Police felt obliged to confiscate the cars?

When I was shopping in Hong Kong I saw lots of fake products.
Sometimes they change the name/logo slightly perhaps to avoid trademark issues.

If they labeled it as a "Ferari" rather than "Ferrari" maybe they could have stayed in business?

I am not a lawyer, but. . . .

Trademark laws usually require you to make your product's name, logo and appearance different
enough to avoid confusion with the original. "Ferari" wouldn't be acceptable. But of course exactly
where that line is drawn and how (or whether) it's enforced varies a lot around the world.

Also. . . If some of the buyers were, in fact, unaware that they were getting replicas, then it
becomes a fraud case.