Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland Test Drive Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just in the store and talked to Maria (store manager) last night. At that point in time she was still expecting their car within the next week or so, and she still didn't know what the configuration was going to be. So either they sprung a car on her without her knowing, or she pays good poker with me.

Also she said that there are a fair amount of people who have reserved since the Get Amped tour came through, plus some previous res holders who didn't get to drive it that weekend... and so they get first dibs at drives, before they will call any of us who've already had a drive.

One of the employees indicated that number might be about 40 to 50 people on that list.

Edit: I'm hoping for a brown with std wheels, non-perf, with std stereo... to find out how that compares to the loaded models we drove back in July.

Re: The poker comment above, I wouldn't be surprised if Maria is holding out on those of us who've already had the drive. ;)

Greg, I'll bet that if you go into the store at an 'off' time, there will be an opportunity for a test drive without a reservation. Heck, if you hang out long enough they'll give you one just to get you out of the store!

C'mon ... you can do it.

How very strange. I called yesterday and they said two weeks from now they'll be getting a brown. They're supposed to email me, but she mentioned that there were a lot of portlanders that did not get a test drive and they will have priority over reservation holders that did get a test drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Greg, I'll bet that if you go into the store at an 'off' time, there will be an opportunity for a test drive without a reservation. Heck, if you hang out long enough they'll give you one just to get you out of the store!

C'mon ... you can do it.

You think?! One could only hope. ;)

I was actually in there again tonight, right before closing (forgot to pick up keyboard at the Apple store), and so I walked by the TM store. They were busy, so I kept walking. Also went down to the TM covered parking area, just to see if anything was parked there... nope, nadda. I am wondering if they'll be storing their drive car at the service location at night, which is only a couple miles away. Hmmmm...

- - - Updated - - -

How very strange. I called yesterday and they said two weeks from now they'll be getting a brown. They're supposed to email me, but she mentioned that there were a lot of portlanders that did not get a test drive and they will have priority over reservation holders that did get a test drive.

That's the more consistent story they're telling everyone. I'd stick with that, but two weeks is about down to one by now. Should be soon.

No doubt, we'll be hearing about some more test drives soon... and then we'll know.

I was really hoping for Dolphin Grey, but she (the rep) said no dice, and suggested a road trip up to Bellevue. Since the pace of 'time to configure your Model S' emails has slowed considerably, I don't feel the same sense of urgency I did a couple weeks ago, but I imagine I'll have to plan a trip up there sometime in the next couple months.. (#7645).

I've been in the store at least once a week ( I know, don't judge me ) and they folks there are expecting VIN 115 - the red signature performance with black interior, pano roof, piano black trim, no rear seats - to be their permanent test drive car. They're expecting it "in a couple of weeks".

FYI, I was in Menlo Park two days ago, and confirmed that hey have VIN 114, the black performance pano roof that debuted in Portland, as that store's resident test drive car.

are expecting VIN 115 - the red signature performance with black interior, pano roof, piano black trim, no rear seats - to be their permanent test drive car.

And that makes perfect sense, because we all know anyone can still sign up for a Signature Model S. Sigh. Fortunately I'll be down in the Bay Area in a week, so I'll have to try and test drive a non-Perf if they have one available.

No third-row seats, from what I've been told. I'm going in for my test drive tomorrow. What should I expect? How long do I have, and are there prescriptive test drive routes?

I believe they are sticking to the test drive route they had during the Get Amped Tour, about 15+ minutes. Jumps on to N 217 for a mile, loops over at Denny, to Hall and back to 217, exiting at Greenberg. Their will be a couple of spots to gun it... And you'd really be remiss if you didn't try the flat out acceleration of the vehicle. Nothing like it.

I believe they are sticking to the test drive route they had during the Get Amped Tour, about 15+ minutes. Jumps on to N 217 for a mile, loops over at Denny, to Hall and back to 217, exiting at Greenberg. Their will be a couple of spots to gun it... And you'd really be remiss if you didn't try the flat out acceleration of the vehicle. Nothing like it.

The Portland route is one of the longest from the Get Amped tour, and has a nice mix of freeway, suburbs and hills.
They fixed the pothole that starred in my test drive video. :)

Amazing how easy it is to get a test drive scheduled when you're in the store for an X reservation. I'm going in to test drive the S on Sunday - I find that I'm more worried about breaking the car in some way, than really thinking about what I want to get out of the test drive for myself.

Of course, I drive a 20 year old car that does 0-60 in 15 or 20 seconds depending on how it's feeling, so I already know it's going to be a BIT different :)