Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation for Sale--November-December 2012 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a reservation number for sale. Let me know if interested. I have to confirm production by September 25. I can purchase the car under your name and have it delivered directly to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your message. I have a Model S reserved. It is not for the Signature edition, however. I have not yet ordered the vehicle, so you are free to customize it as you prefer. I can sell you the spot for $10k.

Thanks,

Jay

I have a low #2000 reservation number available for resale. I received the configuration email 2 months ago, so it'd be ready to be configured and locked in immediately. Delivery is estimated for Nov/Dec as well. Please PM if interested.

If I understand you correctly, you have not signed a purchase agreement, and your order has not been queued. If that's the case, it is quite unlikely that you will see delivery this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I understand you correctly, you have not signed a purchase agreement, and your order has not been queued. If that's the case, it is quite unlikely that you will see delivery this year.

The first part is correct. But considering how few Model S's have yet to go into production, I disagree with your second assessment. As an example, if reservation holder #4000 has already locked in his order, my car would still be produced before his as long as I sign prior to the time at which #2000 would have gone into the production queue. They haven't gone deep enough into production for the delay to be material.

I would hope that Tesla doesn't push back the production of my car, for which I have signed the MVPA, because you decide to finalize your order after after me.

I, nor anyone that has a reservation number ahead of yours, would be pushing you back. When you originally made your reservation, you never intended to receive your car before someone who's reservation number is less than half your own, so why would you expect that now? The fact is, if Telsa is only at #500 in the production queue, then anyone with a reservation number after that should still be able to have their place in line honored. If #2000 locks his order in prior to the point at which his car would have been produced anyways, than it's not as if he's delayed anything.

I think production is roughly in the order of finalization (batching aspects apart). That's only fair to folks who decided to lock in when given the chance and chose not to delay/defer.

But that doesn't make much sense, nor is it fair. Tesla sent out those finalize emails in huge waves. They pretty much went with the shotgun approach and hit #2000 - #5000 in a matter of a week. So you're saying if #5000 was quick to the draw and finalized his car before #2000 - #4999, that he should leapfrog them in line, even if we were all sent finalize emails at roughly the same time? That would be ignoring the fact that #2000 reserved his car perhaps a full year prior to #5000.

I, nor anyone that has a reservation number ahead of yours, would be pushing you back. When you originally made your reservation, you never intended to receive your car before someone who's reservation number is less than half your own, so why would you expect that now? The fact is, if Telsa is only at #500 in the production queue, then anyone with a reservation number after that should still be able to have their place in line honored. If #2000 locks his order in prior to the point at which his car would have been produced anyways, than it's not as if he's delayed anything.

But that doesn't make much sense, nor is it fair. Tesla sent out those finalize emails in huge waves. They pretty much went with the shotgun approach and hit #2000 - #5000 in a matter of a week. So you're saying if #5000 was quick to the draw and finalized his car before #2000 - #4999, that he should leapfrog them in line, even if we were all sent finalize emails at roughly the same time? That would be ignoring the fact that #2000 reserved his car perhaps a full year prior to #5000.

My understanding is that you maintain your place in the queue until your configuration window closes. They give you a few days of grace beyond that. After your grace period passes you are surrendering your spot in the queue to those who are completing their configuration within their alotted time frame.

That makes sense.

Not to keep beating this dead horse, you had 30 days to configure from the time you were notified, are you saying you are still within that 30 days? From an earlier message you said that you received the configure email two months ago, that would mean you are outside the configuration window, and thus will be put back in the queue right after people who have already locked in (me being one of them @ #7645)